Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Window

• 26-02-2008 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭

I haven;t been on here for a while but when I was, the advice of peasant was invaluable.

I have decided to sell my camper and need to do a bit of work to it.

I need to replace one of the windows which is in the double berth above the cab. It measures about 12" by 30".

Does anyone know where I might buy such a part?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Is there a Make/Model number on it. It can be hard to match them based on dimensions only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Is that the long, narrow one across the front of the alcove?

If so, they're usually more trouble than theyr'e worth. Having to take the full onslaught of the wind and the elements while driving usually doesn't agree with the seals and sooner or later they start leaking again. Most older vans that had those had them replaced or blocked off at some stage.

If your alcove has windows on the side as well, you might consider doing a properly sealed job, blanking it out with sheetmetal instead of the leaky window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I don't have the part. I was looking at the van the other day and noticed the blind behind flapping in the wind. i went and looked and the window had gone entirely. I can't see why it would have blown off. I can't find the bit that has gone either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

What type of MH do you have?

It's a 1980 Transit. I've shown a few pictures to peasant in the past.

It has been an absolute nightmare to own from beginning to end which has cost my sanity and my ssia bonus. My only consolation is that the bonus would otherwise have gone into shares so I would have wasted that too!

I am going to get the window fixed and try to sell it for a pittance, compared to what I have put into it.

• Advertisement

Hi everyone. In the meantime I have just used gaffer tape and plastic sheet to keep the rain out. I want to sell the van.

The window is measured 12"X28"

I have attached a photo.

Anyone know the quickest and cheapest way to sort it out?

2471079203_4af22efbe1.jpg?v=0

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

That looks like the remnants of a Seitz S4 Window

http://www.campingcomfort-shop.de/L1/s137/p20297/S4-Ausstellf.html

do a phone around at the usual suspects and see if you can get the "glass" and mechanics on its own, as the frame seems to be still ok.

Sizes see link

Gesamtmaß = overall size of the frame
    Ausschnittmaß = size of the cutout in the van
    Lichtes Maß = size of the open area
    Breite x Höhe = width x height

better still ...get a new one complete with frame, either the same size or one size up, that way you can cut out any soggy wood around the damaged window

Advertisement