Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requirements for Residential Advisor position

Options
  • 26-02-2008 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

What are the requirements to becoming an RA (Residental Advisor)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

A lack of joy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭t_ucd

Do you mean residential assistant? If so, I kind of agree with the above post! Smiling or being too friendly during the interview is a big no-no.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Having facebook skills is a plus too I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

Facebook skills? Please do elaborate.

I know you have to be going into at least 4th year to apply, or into your final year if you're only doing a 3 year degree.

Don't think it would be my cup of tea, but (as I understand it) working 2 nights a week for free on-campus accomodation sounds fair enough, especially if you get Roebuck or Glenomena. I may be, in fact most probably am, wrong on the 2 nights a week aspect, but I know accomodation is free. I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It was a reference to the recent controversy over the Accomodation Office looking at peoples facebook, bebo, myspace, youtube etc. in order to discover the shit they were getting up to on campus, then, iirc, kicking people out when discovered.

Apparently using publicly available information to discover that people are violating their lease is an invasion of privacy. Who knew?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 arsebandity

It's simply a case of references and so on, basically if there was ever in a party in the house in your time as a First Year there you won't be getting to do it. It seems like a sweet enough number for the most part, though at the same time I don't think I'd enjoy the being disturbed at all hours and just generally being disliked by first years who are behaving as you'd expect those days free of their mother's busom to. Not that I wasn't exactly like that of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

some of the RAs are pretty decent though, they're sound up glenomena way. I'd much rather pay for accomodation than have to put up with some of the stuff i've seen them do this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

ya like i know it's not exactly a pretty job, but the on campus in other colleges seems to be faaar less strict. hmmmm, i suspose it looks god on their cv's also?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The either want the free housing, or the want to feel the power, probably a weighted sum of both for most of them.

Advertisement