Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G modem

Options
  • 26-02-2008 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I got a Vodafone 3G modem recently and it appears to be OK. I'm fine with the speeds etc. but I am having trouble sending out emails. I can receive emails OK but every time I try to send a message, it keeps getting returned with a "451 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=" error message.

I have moved to Limerick from Tipp and I was able to send emails there for the 2 days before I moved, although I had to put the person's actual email address into the email rather than just reply in order to get it to work. Since I moved to Limerick, the error above keeps happening. I have to logon to eircom.net directly and send a webmail in order for it to work, or else, email from my work address.

I thought it should have just plugged and played. Does anyone know if I should change any settings in Outlook to get the send to work, and if so, what exactly needs to be changed? Up to now, I had the old dial-up connection but have no phone line now in my new house.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Are you using outlook? You need to change your outgoing mail server to mail.vodafone.ie (i think, or else it's .com) This can be done in outlook -> tools -> email accounts -> edit. If you only use that for out and about make note of the existing settings, as you'll need them if you use home broadband on the laptop too.

Advertisement