Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable housing

Options
  • 26-02-2008 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone bought a home through the council's affordable housing scheme? I'd like to hear about your experience if you have, as I'm considering this myself. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mezzdon

My sister is buying one this year and we have gone to see some of the present ones available and god they are gorgeous. They are in central town and are brand new 3 bed semi's for 180,000...
    A friend of mine got one 4 years ago and is delighted... he got a loan from the bank though 2 years later and paid off the council so now he owns it completely... (well the bank does) but it means that he has a brand new 3 bed semi that at the time he paid 140,000 for and now just has a 100,000 mortgage, when the norm would be about 250,000 if your lucky...

So my advice is if your eligable to get one, then do....

Advertisement