Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ron Burgundy

Options
  • 26-02-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

So, Ladies, seeing Anchorman last week got me thinking. Ron Burgundy is all hot and desirable in the film, but in reality, is he? I mean would you actually? If we leave aside all the infamy surrounding the film and "all that."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

by the beard of zeus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

His Jazz flute playing is pretty hot. Not to mention his guns, thunder and lightening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

WindSock wrote: »
    His Yazz flute playing is pretty hot. Not to mention his guns, thunder and lightening :D

Post corrected:D

Who cares if hes hot and desirable or not??? All he needs is Sex Panther, because 60% of the time...it works everytime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Who cares if hes hot and desirable or not??? All he needs is Sex Panther, because 60% of the time...it works everytime!!

You're actually wrong there buddy because Sex Panter apparently has the same aroma as Big Foot's dick!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Mikel

It is anchorMAN, not anchorLADY! And that is a scientific fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Raekwon wrote: »
    You're actually wrong there buddy because Sex Panter apparently has the same aroma as Big Foot's dick!

I thought it smelt like a turd, wrapped in burnt hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I always thought he had a rather distinguished look to him alright, and I'm straight as an arrow. That said the picture I have of him on the ceiling of my bedroom is a good one. A very good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hah! I love that film, it never gets old with me. The fight with all the news reporter's. 'Brick even killed a guy, I think you should keep a low profile for a while'. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I'm in a glass cage of emotion about this one i fear.

• Advertisement

Raekwon wrote: »

Its quite pungent. It smells like pure gasoline! And its illegal in nine countries so you know its good!!

I dunno why the OP posted this in the Ladies Lounge, I read somewhere their periods attract bears!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Its quite pungent. It smells like pure gasoline! And its illegal in nine countries so you know its good!!

I dunno why the OP posted this in the Ladies Lounge, I read somewhere their periods attract bears!!:D:D:D

It's true..... the bears can smell the menstruation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

i love lamp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

emo, are you just looking at things and saying you love them?

His suits are pretty hot, make him look good. I'd probably go there!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

Ron could take me to Pleasure Town any day. Then afterwards we could go Jogging or maybe its Yogging....:D

larko wrote: »
    Ron could take me to Pleasure Town any day. Then afterwards we could go Jogging or maybe its Yogging....:D

Well, when in Rome

Yes, please continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Lola123 wrote: »
    It's true..... the bears can smell the menstruation.

Well thats just great OP, you've put the whole Forum in danger. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Pics or it didn't happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

51033776.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEB80EDB3D8827A158A40A659CEC4C8CB6

Dude is a legend.

Do you know I am? I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.

People know me.

I'm very important.

I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Right, that's it, I'm watching the anchorman tonight in bed!

(and yes, i watched it when it was on tv the other night too!). I was living in San Diego when it came out and a big group of us went to the cinema to see it. Fond memories.

Go f*ck yourself San Diego!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.

I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot right to the babymaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

DesF wrote: »
    51033776.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEB80EDB3D8827A158A40A659CEC4C8CB6

Dude is a legend.

Do you know I am? I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.

People know me.

I'm very important.

I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

your avatar kind looks like him, if you squint one eye ha:D

Although this thread is about Ron Burgundy I think a special mention has to go out to Brick Tamland.

"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded".

Brick Tamland: [while coughing] Cough. Look over here.
    [spoken]
    Brick Tamland: Excuse me, Veronica?
    Veronica Corningstone: Yes? What is it, Brick?
    Brick Tamland: I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.
    Veronica Corningstone: Excuse me?
    Brick Tamland: [struggling] The... party. With the... with the pants. Party with pants?
    Veronica Corningstone: Brick, are you saying that there's a party in your pants and that I'm invited
    Brick Tamland: That's it.
    Veronica Corningstone: Did Brian tell you to say this, Brick?
    Brick Tamland: No. Yes. He did.
    Veronica Corningstone: Okay. No. I don't want to go to a party in your pants.
    Brick Tamland: Very well. Ian, would you like to go to a party in my pants?
    Ian: No, Brick.
    Brick Tamland: All right. Let's go.[runs off, there is a sound of crashing off screen
    Brick Tamland: It's all right. I'm all right.

Brick Tamland is married with 11 children and is one of the top political advisors to the Bush White House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Am i the only person in the world who doesnt find anchorman funny at all?!Its mildly entertaining at best but Its not at all what its hyped up to be. Its a poor women's Dumb and Dumber.

panda100 wrote: »
    Am i the only person in the world who doesnt find anchorman funny at all?!Its mildly entertaining at best but Its not at all what its hyped up to be. Its a poor women's Dumb and Dumber.

Blasphemy!

Tbh I didnt find Blades of Glory particularly funny cos it was using the same formula as Anchorman but for me Anchorman and Old School were great. And I disagree about the Dumb and Dumber comparison btw. While they rely on the blissfully unaware idiot formula thats where it begins and ends for me.

What i will say is that persistent quoting, like in this tread, can ruin movies for people. Especially in the case where u havent seen Anchorman but have heard all about how awesome it is etc. I think these things depend on the circumstances of u seeing it. I knew nothing about it when I saw it and had zero expectation and as a result loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Blasphemy!
    What i will say is that persistent quoting, like in this tread, can ruin movies for people. Especially in the case where u havent seen Anchorman but have heard all about how awesome it is etc. I think these things depend on the circumstances of u seeing it. I knew nothing about it when I saw it and had zero expectation and as a result loved it!

True. Id heared 'I love lamp' so many times that I was expecting that part to be hysterically funny. Twas a bit of a let down then when I saw it.
    I didnt find Old school funny either.I just dont get the Will Ferrell thing I guess.
    So in answer to Op's question, no I would not do Ron Burgundy,I like a guy with a GSOH.

panda100 wrote: »

How could you say that? :eek:Poop. Potty Mouth. Poop coming outta your mouth!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Oh Jesus, you're all turning it into a quotes thread. I don't care about them!!! I've heard them all before!

It's a question for the ladies!!!! Come on!

Advertisement