Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

camouflage netting

• 26-02-2008 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

i was wondering could anywhere reccomend a place to get some camouflage netting. ive been taking pictures around dollmount and i reckon i could get better shots from a hide.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Have you tried any of the army surplus stores or camping shops around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭donalglackin

ye i tried a few but had no luck is there any hunting shops in dublin that would have some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

To be honest, you don't need camo netting. As long as your profile is distorted, eg. wear a loose green/grey jacket or smock, you should be grand. If you need a hide, green/grey canvas or other material and a few poles should do the trick. You can spend a couple of hundred on designer hides but I have had hours of great bird/nature watching using the above methods.

Good luck with the photos!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

i was wondering could anywhere reccomend a place to get some camouflage netting. ive been taking pictures around dollmount and i reckon i could get better shots from a hide.

This poster is selling some gear + more over on the shooting forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Get some camo or earth colored clothing. Including some that covers your face and hands because they're the biggest giveaway. When you're observing in frosty wheather wrap a scarf over your mouth and nose as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

ye i tried a few but had no luck is there any hunting shops in dublin that would have some.

I have heard that there is a shop down in the Curragh that sells such stuff if you still need it. I could be wrong but I think it's called the PX Store. Google search? Again, good luck with the photos and don't forget to share some with us! :)

not much luck on dollymount recently been busy with college and other stuff heres some old stuff if your interested a few new ones from the phoenix park as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51029340@N00/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭stevensi

Some really nice pics there....just to let you know that they are shags...can tell by the crest on the head. Also the bird with the insects looks like a Meadow Pipit...stand to be corrected though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You could try a shooting sports shop for netting. Tallaght Rod and Gun and Crescent Sports in Monkstown are the only ones I can think of offhand, both are nice to deal with and very accommodating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

not much luck on dollymount recently been busy with college and other stuff heres some old stuff if your interested a few new ones from the phoenix park as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51029340@N00/

Some deadly shots there alright. The damselflies are dragon flies though. Dragonflies have their wings outstretched at rest and damselflies have them flat to their bodies.
    Were all these taken in Dublin? Great to see such wildlife there if they were!

• Advertisement

all the wildlife was shot in dublin some of the landscapes where in wicklow and donegal. thanks for the advice on the identification as well i thought i had some of them wrong. i'll be in monkstown sometime next week so ill put my hand in the door and ask. thanks for the positive feedback as well on the pics.
    donal.

Advertisement