Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ixtreme 1.4 flash speeds

Options
  • 27-02-2008 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi All,

I updated my xbox 360 flash from ixtreme 1.2 to 1.4
    During the flash a new option appears: flash speed 2x 5x 8x or 12x

I went with 2x first time round and while im playing a backup game (Burnout Paradise) every now and then it pauses for a split second, i can only assume this is down to choosing 2x speed during the flash.

Has anybody here had this any tested each of the flash speeds one by one?
    Would i be better off with reflashing at 12x?

Cheers in advace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Tazer

I would highly recommend going for 8x. My xbox was flashed with this speed and is working great. 2x is way too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

Im gonna reflash again alright.
    If someone doesnt reply who has tried and tested each speed ill take your advise on board lad, sound for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

I reflashed at 12x (the default speed) and retested using Burnout Paradise.
    As far as i can tell their is no noticeable extra noise from the drive, which is one of the main reasons discussed on other forum sites for the speed option.

Slan..

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Tazer

I reflashed at 12x (the default speed) and retested using Burnout Paradise.
    As far as i can tell their is no noticeable extra noise from the drive, which is one of the main reasons discussed on other forum sites for the speed option.

Slan..

Thats good to hear, enjoy your flashed xbox!!!

Advertisement