Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azotel-Ocean problems

Options
  • 27-02-2008 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'm an Azotel-Ocean customer in W. Waterford. For the past 3 weeks or so the service has been very patchy to say the least: no connection most of the time, then an unreliable connection (dodgy when doing online purchasing, visa etc..)
    Spoke to them about it and was told that they are "working on it", but here's the best bit " they can't really pinpoint the problem". Not good enough.
    Anyone else out there with the same problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pc8000

you are not alone!! We are also in west waterford, having exactly same problems as you with azotel. have been in contact with their office numerous times, they have called to check equipment and connection at this end, told us it appeared to be a local problem. got this checked..no prob on our end. being told they are working on it, that we were the only customers with the problems, but yes they can't pin point the problem! we are getting extremely annoyed at this stage as we have not got a reliable service since before Christmas. Very interested to hear if anyone else in the same boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shaman26

What an unhelpfull shower of people, I had no problem getting contact from them when my bank sort code was wrong and they were not getting paid .. I had three or four calls ... you would think the world would end. Now that their system is connecting and disconnecting when it likes its the sam auld crap. Samantha does her best, you will get a call and a maessage left... Then when you waste more money calling them you get promised action by technicians .. but nothing happens....... I reinstalled Outlook express and had a barney with dell because I was told there was no problem with azotels service ... like DUH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dunmoon

Technical problems repaired by Azotel-Ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

I was going to sign up with azotel but thye wanted €200 to install the antenna, I could do this myself but no deal.

I am located in West Waterford on the Pilmore / Clashmore road on an elevated site, I can see the mast easy from here.

If people are still having problems I would be slow to sign up.

Are you download speeds as you would expect them??

You can easy check at http://www.speedtest.net/

Currently I am using Vodafone HSPDA and it seems fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dunmoon

If as you say, you can clearly see the mast, then you should have no problems getting a good signal. I don't know about the antenna, they had to match the antenna to the mast etc., pretty technical stuff, better left for them to do I think. Speeds are ok, in or around the 1 meg. They fixed a technical problem I had pretty quickly. I'd say go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 erniebilko

Hello,

Can anyone direct me though the settings for Outlook Express with Azotel as my broadband provider? I have an Eircom.net email address.

I'm presently receiving mails ok but can't send. The Azotel People have been no help so far.

Would appreciate any help from anyone using Outlook with Azotel.

Thanks,

ErnieB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=9&E=0000000000147896541&K=5452&SXI=16&E=0000000000147896541&St=9&K=5452&SXI=16&case=3265&branch=4

See above - not sure if they (eircom) will allow mail relay though with another provider because of spam etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 crownhill

Try this setting it used to work. The Outgoing Mail (SMTP) should be set to 80.93.2.195

• Registered Users Posts: 5 erniebilko

Thanks for the replies.

Regarding the Link for Eircom Details about setting up Outlook, I'm already aware of this as I used to subscribe to Eircom before migrating to the attractive looking broadband fields of Azotel. As mentioned previously, it's just the outgoing mail address that I'm missing.

Crownhill, thanks for the info but unfortunately that didn't work either.

By the way, I'm also in the Clashmore, Co Waterford area.

As eircom now offer broadband in our area I'm seriously tempted to migrate back again as I know it'll get my Outlook working again....

However, still open to suggestions if anyone has any brainwaves...

Thanks again for all your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jackattack

erniebilko wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

Regarding the Link for Eircom Details about setting up Outlook, I'm already aware of this as I used to subscribe to Eircom before migrating to the attractive looking broadband fields of Azotel. As mentioned previously, it's just the outgoing mail address that I'm missing.

Crownhill, thanks for the info but unfortunately that didn't work either.

By the way, I'm also in the Clashmore, Co Waterford area.

As eircom now offer broadband in our area I'm seriously tempted to migrate back again as I know it'll get my Outlook working again....

However, still open to suggestions if anyone has any brainwaves...

Thanks again for all your time.
    Have you tried "windows live mail" it's the new outlook express and will probably work better for you, I had to change to windows live mail instead of outlook express because they stopped supporting hotmail accounts and a few others. worth a try anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 tuts ballymac

anyone in reanadampaun commons area with decent broadband, I suspect it impossible but Ocean due to test area, have my doubts after reading some of feedback..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pc8000

solar broadband cover your area i think check out their web site www.solarbroadband.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Old thread, no point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement