Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

College project about cars

Options
  • 27-02-2008 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im doing a project for college based on cars. Im currently studying product design at DIT and would really appreciate all your help. I have to do a survey for marketing research class and would love if I could get as many of you to fill out this survey online for me.

All the information will only be used for my project and no personal information is shared.

It will only take a minute or two to fill out as it is only short. Here is the link.
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=_2bbmTGNnTcRhr4z9XecU24w_3d_3d

Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

yep just did it there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

took your survey, didnt like question 8, it made me choose a different rating for each answer, some aspects of a car are equally important unimportant to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

yep, attempted to do it there - stopped on question 8

I'd try and sort that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Done...

...actually, I though Q8 was a good one - forced me to think about what really matters to me when buying a car... I started at least important & worked my way up. It's not as straightforward a question as you'd normally find in a survey, but it's a good'un!

Good luck with your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Announcement: Very quick survey(s)!
    at least it isint as long as the surveys above, i had to stop on the last page of the IT one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

On the last question I didn't like being forced to choose a car that I would buy - there perhaps should have been a "none of teh above" option for that last choice. I wouldn't buy any of teh cars listed as they don't meet my needs but I wasn't allowed to leave that choice blank

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Did it...good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Done, although this survey will be skewed as follows.

1. Self selecting participants
    2. The typical Motors forum user would not be your typical car purchaser.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

done,
    be careful though, as a poster just said, the people on the motors section of Boards will not have your average ideas and opinions about cars. That could be a flaw for Q10.
    Q8 is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

Did it there, but the age question was a bit ambigious. I'm 21, so I was unsure which box to tick, the 17-21 or 21-25. I ticked the 17-21 box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Done,

Best of luck with the Project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Done; really like Q8. (the question, not the chain of north American gas stations...).
    Agree; start at least important & work up.

Would be interesting to see the results but I would agree that the results will be skewed because of your sample audience, unless you also have general interest people filling in the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Done, glad to help a fellow DIT head.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Done...

Q10 as amadeus said should have a "none of the above" option as, being a 30-something saloon driver, none of the listed options would be any use to me.

Q8 is a good one but there were one or two I'd have rated equally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭football man

done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Thanks everyone for filling it up so far. Ive had a great response. Yeah I will be heading out to the general public to get their opinions so hopefully I will get lots of people there with little or no interest in cars.

I was thinking about having an "other" option but I am concentraiting the survey on this section of the car industry. Hopefully I will be able to get some interesting information by conpairing what people drive currently to which of these cars tthey would drive if they had to choose between them.

If you want I will post some of the findings on here when the project is done. Its due in on Monday so hopefully will be able to post them after that.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've just had to give the same answer to all sub-parts of question 10, oh dear...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Glad to help another DIT student! did the survey, q8 was great, made me think. Oh, and why is Toyota not mentioned?

...I am concentraiting the survey on this section of the car industry...

Which section? The VW Golf / Kia Picanto / Micra & Fiesta are in three totally different segments. Too late now but I would have thought that the Pug 106 & VW Polo would have been a better fit with Fiesta and Micra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I probably could have choosen a few different models than the ones I picked but the ones I picked came up a lot in the secondary research and so I used them. If I were to do the project again Im sure I might have done a few things different but i will report all this in my findings.

Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

[QUOTE
    2. The typical Motors forum user would not be your typical car purchaser.
    [/QUOTE]

why not?

Advertisement