Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Altiris COM and Database documentation

Options
  • 27-02-2008 6:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here programmed much with Altiris clients/servers

Specifically, i'd be looking to just grab a list of computers that registered with a DS server, then for each of those machines get an inventory, such as the users last logged in, operating system, make and model, hardware..etc

I've tried to do this using WMI, but i later found out that NS Agent has some COM interfaces to do this already (i've found 82 interfaces so far, but not played with any yet)..any info on this appreciated.

I posted here in programming because i'm hoping somebody here might have experience doing this..
    AFAIK most of the COM information is undocumented by Altiris themselves or am i mistaken?

Are there tools out there to do this kind of thing already?

Advertisement