Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hahahaha

• 27-02-2008 6:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

Just went onto a public server there.

Got 5 kills in the first round, which earned me an airstrike.

Airstriked their spawn next round, got another 3 kills.

Then I was teamkilled by some l33tz0r with a p90 and permanently banned :D

Not even on the server for 2 minutes, that has to be a record!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Weird...

I just got banned there off some random server after some guy was recording me.... saps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

There should be 2 pools of servers:

- for n00bs - Hardcore only with low skill players that you could never accuse of cheating because they're simply too bad

- for the "real" CoDers - No Hardcore cr@p and with players that you would accuse of cheating if you were a n00b because they're THAT good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

There should be 2 pools of servers:

- for n00bs - Hardcore only with low skill players that you could never accuse of cheating because they're simply too bad

- for the "real" CoDers - No Hardcore cr@p and with players that you would accuse of cheating if you were a n00b because they're THAT good

true, but how would I own you if im on a "real CoDer" server and youre not? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Then I was teamkilled by some l33tz0r with a p90 and permanently banned :D

Not even on the server for 2 minutes, that has to be a record!

Name and shame .

• Advertisement

true, but how would I own you if im on a "real CoDer" server and youre not? :p
    Dude I don't have time to play anymore! I have a new hobby that's taking up all my time (and money)!

But I'm sure I could still p@wn your @$$ easily...

How about organising yet another Boards.ie CoD4 Bash on a STANDARD server this time*??? That would be fun! :)

*Remember how much you loved Hardcore before? n00b! :p

Fair play to you for taking the time to register on their website to post a comment on their forum! I wouldn't have bothered... I don't assimilate and mingle with noobs! That reminds me... I should stop talking to you! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Did you get your kills with Air Strike/Heli in the begining of a round? Or was it with RPG/noobtube? If thats the case, you should read the server rules first.

Seems reasonable.

ooops-a-daisy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Cullilingus

Sort of on subject.. Is there any reason why every single server seems to have it own set of arbitrary BS rules? Fair enough no cheating/using hacks goes without saying, buts its nigh on impossible to find a server that doesnt have a no noobtube/no Weapon X/no jumping/No flash bangs unless its a tuesday rule...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

They don't allow Airstrikes/Helicopters/Grenade-Rocket Launchers... yet they could simply remove them so you cannot use them...

:S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Otacon wrote: »
    They don't allow Airstrikes/Helicopters/Grenade-Rocket Launchers... yet they could simply remove them so you cannot use them...

we have rules rather than modifying the game so as to keep the server Ranked and FULL

I really don't see the issue here. When you join a server, glance at the rules. If you don't like them, move to another one.

I think these crappy rules are annoying... Modify your server config. instead of writing rules like that!

When I want to play on Public servers I don't want to have to read rules and adhere to them for fear of being kick/banned!

The issue is, every server seems to have them, and they rarely tell you what they are until you are a couple of minutes into the game. Tbh the rules rarely affect me, as I dont use tubes, rarely jump, and im a bit too suicidal to get regular airstrikes etc. But they fact they are there irritates me, and ive seen them more then once be used as an excuse to kick people who blatantly didnt break any rules..

Otacon wrote: »

I think what they are saying is they don't allow Airstrikes/Helicopters being called in at the beginning of the round , this is to stop people holding their strikes over from the last round to get easy kills at the spawn point .

Still , if you were wining the first round and there was no need for the strike then surely it is a legitimate tactic to hold the strike until the start of the next round to give your team an advantage at getting to the choke points or bomb first and with a stronger team .

Still again :) , find servers that you like the rules on , make them favourites , and play on them all the time . This is the same for all clan servers for all online games , they have their own rles to make the game play the way they want it to and their server lives or dies on those rules .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

May i ask who was "lemmings" on their forum? Also please don't bring up the whole rules thing again, simple as their server their rules, don't like them leave. Simple really, you may think they're "BS" but keep it too your self and leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hmmm, airstrikes didnt know you could do that, Perhaps cause I don't have the game. But me likes the sound of it. Stuck in a BF2 timewarp :D

lemming is my user rank judged by my post count

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dunno about CoD4, but is there any rule that you can't make up your own rules in a ranked server (like BF2)?

the_syco wrote: »
    Dunno about CoD4, but is there any rule that you can't make up your own rules in a ranked server (like BF2)?

Nope , anyone can run a COD 4 server and put whatever rules they want on it .

• Advertisement

May i ask what age are you? 5?I must say you acted very maturely about it.

jonski wrote: »
    Nope , anyone can run a COD 4 server and put whatever rules they want on it .

Surely if that was the case, they would allow you to edit the server config without becoming a non-ranked server? I was under the impression that the point of ranked servers was to ensure a universal set of rules, and to get rid of the whole "stats-padding" that plagued BF2..

The servers are not "ranked" in the same way BF2 servers were . We host our own server on our own box with our own modes and maps and rules .

True enough I suppose. Thinking about it, i'd imagine removing modified server configs from being ranked is to minimise silly servers... with low gravity and the like.

Still though, my point was not that servers should not be allowed to have their own set of rules. I was talking about the lack of servers that allow gameplay as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

That sounded like an exciting little adventure for you kamakazi.
    Good SHOOTIN.!

You bad @$$
    Why not fry them in spawn, how could your resist.!

looking forward to hearing more exciting experiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

I was once kicked off a shipment 24/7 free for all for getting 180+ kills with the next player on something like 78 and got kicked. Maybe it was my spawn killing???

pirelli wrote: »
    That sounded like an exciting little adventure for you kamakazi.
    Good SHOOTIN.!

You bad @$$
    Why not fry them in spawn, how could your resist.!

looking forward to hearing more exciting experiences.

you're cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

protip: don't shout your mouth off when you're wrong. They pwned you lol:D

not really :/

• Advertisement

No, really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

vandammebsodml0.gif

Awesome! :d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Right, that's it. I'm setting up my own server with my own rules.

No rocket launchers, no spawn killing, confetti grenades, nude SAS patch, choppers replaced with enormous, hang-gliding Dale Wintons firing shopping carts... Oh, and every time you kill someone, all players on the map have to observe a minute's silence.

Standard stuff, really.

Advertisement