Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chcocolate fondant

• 27-02-2008 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

I've been dying to try this and researched a few different recipies, but therein lies the problem. They're all different.

Has anyone got and used a fairly handy tried and trusted recipie?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

I have a take on chocolate fondant, thats not chocolate fondant?!! Seriously, I ALWAYS order the chocolate fondant when I eat out, I love the cakey bit with the gooey bit inside. What I have found, and the reason I go with it is because it is ssoooooooo easy and cheap to make, is Darina Allen's Chocolate Souffle. Its cakey on the outside, gooey on the inside. Although you have to eat it out of something (as opposed to turning it out of the cooking vessel and plating it), if thats something you're willing to suffer through ;) Oh and with regard to the souffle being one of those difficult things to do - I am haphazard in the kitchen and i generally take no head of doing anything carefully and this has never failed me.

I make this for valentines, birthdays and any other time someone generally needs a treat.

Ingredients: Per person:
    2oz (55g) dark or milk chocolate
    1 egg

Icing sugar to dredge over at the end..

Method:
    Preheat oven to 200c, 400F, Gas 6

Melt Chocolate. Cool a bit. Seperate eggs. Beat yolk into cooled chocolate. Whisk the egg white till stiff. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into chosen cooking vessel. Darina recommends an individual souffle dish. I use regular tea cups that are oven-proof. Bake for 9-11 mins. Dredge with icing sugar. Eat with some vanilla ice-cream.

YUMMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭fourmations

here it is, stop looking, this is as good as it gets

i have made this loads of times and it is amazing

[URL="http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/gordon-ramsay/hot-chocolate-fondant-recipe_p_1.html]gordon ramsays hot chocolate fondant[/URL]

rgds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

They both sound great. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Darina souffle recipe is great because it's so simple. (I've been making it since I was about ten so that's how easy it is!)

Nigella has a great recipe for chocolate fondant, though she doesn't call it that. (Babycakes I think)

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/recipe.asp?article=161

There it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

hello!!! i will blame yee if i put on half a stone :D i saw this post and over the past week i tried the nigella recipe and the gordon ramsey one - would definitly reccomend the gordon ramsey one, its DIVINE! yum. the only thing is i find it soooo hard to turn them out! made them in ramekins and they are so hot when cooked its really fiddley to get them out - argh! anyway definitly make the gordon ramsey one!

zenzen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

This recipe from Gordon Ramsay requires 'bitter chocolate'.
    Is it special chocolate for baking and is it dark or plain milk?
    Could i just buy the Lindt brand with 70% cocoa?

Any help appreciated as am making this tonight!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

bitter choc is just really dark choc, over seventy or eighty ideally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Hi,
    Anyone have a recipie for a melt in the middle Chocolate Fondant?

Cheers,
    Tom

here it is, stop looking, this is as good as it gets

i have made this loads of times and it is amazing

[URL="http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/gordon-ramsay/hot-chocolate-fondant-recipe_p_1.html]gordon ramsays hot chocolate fondant[/URL]

rgds

Does anyone have the Gordon recipie - the C4 link no longer works :(

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Possum66

Sure it does:

50g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
    2 tsp cocoa powder, to dust
    50g good quality bitter chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), in pieces
    1 free range egg
    1 free range egg yolk
    60g caster sugar
    50g plain flour
    Icing sugar to dust
    Vanilla ice cream to serve

Method: How to make hot chocolate fondant

1. Preheat oven to 160˚C/Gas 2.

2. Butter two large ramekins, about 7.5cm in diameter, then dust liberally with cocoa, shaking out any excess.

3. Slowly melt the chocolate and butter in a small bowl set over a pan of hot water, then take off the heat and stir until smooth. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.

4. Using an electric whisk, whisk the whole egg, egg yolk and sugar together until pale and thick, then incorporate the chocolate mixture. Sift the flour over the mixture and gently fold in, using a large metal spoon. Divide between the ramekins and bake for 12 minutes.

5. Turn the chocolate fondants out on to warmed plates. Dust the tops with icing sugar and serve with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream.

6. Preheat oven to 160˚C/Gas 2.

7. Butter two large ramekins, about 7.5cm in diameter, then dust liberally with cocoa, shaking out any excess.

8. Slowly melt the chocolate and butter in a small bowl set over a pan of hot water, then take off the heat and stir until smooth. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.

9. Using an electric whisk, whisk the whole egg, egg yolk and sugar together until pale and thick, then incorporate the chocolate mixture. Sift the flour over the mixture and gently fold in, using a large metal spoon. Divide between the ramekins and bake for 12 minutes.

10. Turn the chocolate fondants out on to warmed plates. Dust the tops with icing sugar and serve with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream.

Enjoy :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Hi,
    Anyone have a recipie for a melt in the middle Chocolate Fondant?

Cheers,
    Tom

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/gordon-ramsay/hot-chocolate-fondant-recipe_p_1.html

Enjoy!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Merged threads...

Thanks! Looking forward to making these!

Advertisement