Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying used car from authorised dealer in UK

Options
  • 27-02-2008 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

I am looking into buying a used VW from an authorised VW dealer in the UK.
    My question is as I am buying from an “approved used VW” from an authorised dealer do I need to spend money on an AA/RAC check for the car?

The car is outside its 3 year manufacturers warranty but dealer provides 1 year warranty.
    Obviously the dealer knows I’m unlikely to bring the car all the way back on a ferry to them with an issue. Dealer can arrange to send car by ferry for me to meet it at Irish port. Would people recommend this approach or is it crazy to buy a used car without an AA inspection and a viewing it in person even if it is from authorised dealer?

Advertisement