Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modify Wii isos & re-sign them

Options
  • 27-02-2008 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

http://gbatemp.net/?act=ST&f=101&t=76630

Looks like this is now possible.
    What will be possible in time? We're not sure. Custom firmwares, changing Wii regions, editing games to remove updates, copy VC games you haven't bought to your system from an SD card... It's just speculation for now.

Very interesting development

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Interesting. But i'd hate to see it hurt the wii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Hurt the wii? Its an inanimate object mate.

IrishMike wrote: »
    Hurt the wii? Its an inanimate object mate.

You know what i mean, this could lead to piracy which would damage sales etc

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Tazer

Piracy is already going on with modchips etc...this wont damage it that much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

animaX wrote: »
    could lead to piracy which would damage sales etc

Piracy on the wii is already rampant, this wont effect piracy rates at all.
    Fantastic homebrew potential with this.

• Advertisement

I must of misunderstood the development. I thought this would allow anyone to download a wii iso, resign it and then run it on an unmodded wii.

Does it still require a modded wii? And also piracy on the wii is hardly rampant. It requires a hardmod, not a softmod. Hardmod piracy is much less prevalent then softmod (a la psp)

Advertisement