Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES every two years instead?

Options
  • 27-02-2008 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

After playing PES2008 for the last 5 months or so and having experienced many of the bugs that plague the game i was thinking that i'd actually prefer if Konami released a properly coded, fully tested PES once every two years.

Its a joke at this stage, the online play is a disaster, HD graphics are are the worst i've seen on my 360, gameplay bugs galore, the game looks more like a beta release than the finished product.

Expansion packs could me made available for the start of the new season where no game is released to update transfers, jerseys etc for the previous years' game.

So my question is, would you take a properly finished PES every two years/18 months over the current rushed annual version?

PES every 18 months/2 years instead? 10 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    kaimeraStickyMcGintyevad_lhorgWellyJBernsGeorgeBaileyFearDarkRastaReddaboyfergieFunkZ 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

a proper game engine that is perected, and dlc content released to update stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I look forward to it every year and like my teams up to date so it's a no for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

The fans would take it but just like EA churn out FIFA every year, Konami can now do this with Pro Evo - the demand is there and unless that changes companies can get away with releasing games with few minor changes.

All comes down to money at the end of the day!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

No
    a proper game engine that is perected, and dlc content released to update stuff
    +1 as long as the dlc was reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

No
    You can usually get transfer files of the net to keep your teams up to date , which don't change the stat's and can play online with so wouldnt mind. Is 2008 playable yet?? Got it when it came out and was awful for lag so stopped after a couple of weeks and not tried it since.

Also, season is half over and the psp & ds versions only released lately, whats the craic with that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

No
    kaimera wrote: »
    +1 as long as the dlc was reasonably priced.

aye, you really wouldnt want to be paying anymore than a score for the dlc. Depends how comprehensive the update.
    Xavi6 wrote:
    I look forward to it every year and like my teams up to date so it's a no for me.

a dlc update will fix the second half of that sentence for ye anyway.

Every 2 yrs?... so that means 6mths playing and a yr and a half waiting for a new edition!!

In fairness you could'nt play any game for 2yrs!!. even know PES 08 is getting boring!

The man behind PES frm konami said in an interview before this one came out that there was loads of new features to be added for the next edition, they just didnt have time to put it in, this was basically been passed off as transitional copy(PS2-PS3)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

No
    Every 2 yrs?... so that means 6mths playing and a yr and a half waiting for a new edition!!

In fairness you could'nt play any game for 2yrs!!. even know PES 08 is getting boring!

The man behind PES frm konami said in an interview before this one came out that there was loads of new features to be added for the next edition, they just didnt have time to put it in, this was basically been passed off as transitional copy(PS2-PS3)

and what about the xbox & pc owners? we had to wait the full 12 months from PES6 - 2008 and are stuck playing a substandard game. they passed off pes6 on the 360 as a "transitional game" too ye know...

i dont know of any game that has a sequel out 12 months after its predecessor bar fifa and pes, some years we get a whopper game and then sometimes we get pes2008. i'd rather wait longer tbh.

pes's longevity is its multiplayer features, and pes2008 doesnt have any bar local play

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Only way they would listen is if people stopped buying their games. Won't happen and they will keep churning out sub standard yearly updates

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Xavi6 wrote: »
    +1, I can't believe I'm agreeing with Xavi in a matter of soccer :D. Same goes for him being made a mod, god help us all!

• Advertisement
Advertisement