Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of Conan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hows this going for you Beta testers?

Whats the PVP like?

Any info on a release date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

I read about this game's beta aparently its in a rite state
    invisable walls linear paths small zones packed with mobs in places that dont make sense havent actualy read any good info about it from testers anyway :p

Guys will this be a pay monthy game. I told a mate of mine that it is but he is saying that its not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ya, it will be a pay monthly game.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

yeah pay monthly..release date is 23rd may for EU and 20th for NA...i really doubt it will be delayed again..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I preordered mine. I'll give it a month and see if I like it. WoW is getting played out at this point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think i'll pre-order this as well. Some nice rewards for getting a pre-order as well, such as a War Mammoth or a Killer Rhino. Also, the collectors edition comes with an ingame ring that increases XP and a clock (The Drinking Cape) which gives you free drinks in any tavern in the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's a cloak not a clock! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

It's time you stopped making spelling mistakes!!

/coat

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

im warning ppl in advance who are pre-ordering (i will be pre-ordering too :D ) - ive been in general beta for a month now and all i can tell is either:

1. It'll get delayed again - (maybe another month to iron out the bugs/memory leaks)
    2. It will be a quite buggy on release and scare a lot of gamers off

the current build i am playing since April 16th weighs in at 40gb on my hard drive too :P
    I read about this game's beta aparently its in a rite state
    invisable walls linear paths small zones packed with mobs in places that dont make sense havent actualy read any good info about it from testers anyway

yep thats almost all fixed but was a huge issue a week or two ago - you couldnt get past the first few quests without logging in and out over and over again - (10gb's of patches fixed it ^^ ) my main worry at the mo is the games engine is horrendously optimised i have 4gbs ram, 8800 gtx and a dual core e6850 running on vista x64 and it struggles to get above 12 fps in some of the towns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Hercule wrote: »
    im warning ppl in advance who are pre-ordering (i will be pre-ordering too :D ) - ive been in general beta for a month now and all i can tell is either:

1. It'll get delayed again - (maybe another month to iron out the bugs/memory leaks)
    2. It will be a quite buggy on release and scare a lot of gamers off

the current build i am playing since April 16th weighs in at 40gb on my hard drive too :P

yep thats almost all fixed but was a huge issue a week or two ago - you couldnt get past the first few quests without logging in and out over and over again - (10gb's of patches fixed it ^^ ) my main worry at the mo is the games engine is horrendously optimised i have 4gbs ram, 8800 gtx and a dual core e6850 running on vista x64 and it struggles to get above 12 fps in some of the towns
    Wow, this does not bode well. Hopefully they'll sort it out. And 40gbs? ouch. I don't think I'll have enough space :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

From what I've seen and heard of it lately, its improved ALOT. File size has dropped to some 30ish gbs afaik. I'm definitely considering pre-ordering it anyways :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

FYI, Fileplanet are giving away keys to the open beta that starts on May 1st. They're giving away the keys in small batches, and quite randomly. You also have to be a member of filplanet. They are currently giving away keys right now, if you sign up. Not sure how long it'll last.

The download is a bit of a bummer though. The links are going down constantly as a result of too many downloads. And the download itself is 12gig which installs to about 25 gig, so make sure your hard disk is clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Fileplanet says beta keys are US only.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Plus you need to be a subscriber. I'm damned if I'm going to do that.

Any external sites with the download?

Drakar wrote: »
    Fileplanet says beta keys are US only.
    Well they gave me a key and are letting me download. I think the US part is for something else. There's a "levelling competition", and I think that's what's only open for the US users.

KoKane wrote: »
    Any external sites with the download?
    There's a few torrents where you can get it, and I found a link earlier that had the client broken into 2 gig chunks. I'll try and find it again.

edit: There you go: http://games.internode.on.net/filelist.php?app=569&menu=16

:eek:
    But sir, thou art a legende

• Advertisement

dont expect to be wowed by the game - its still not good enough in its current incarnation - im predicting epic Archlord/Pirates of Caribbean sea style failure if the game isnt patched up and optimized soon (24 days left to do the work - cross your fingers!)

also remember that levels 1-19 are training levels whereby its quite a limited and generic game with more emphasis about learning the leveling up, quest and combat systems then anything else

Np.

I was using Firefoxs in built download manager and was getting 80kbs - 140
    It wasnt consistant and ofc wasnt reliable.

I'm now using a program simply called "free download manager" and its going flat out at 310kbps.

:cool:

Girlfriend is coming over tonight aswell, so I'll be leaving the PC running and downloading + brownie points for giving the gf "undivided" attention.

lol

GTA4 tomorow though.

GTA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Must say I'm really looking forward to this game.

I've stuck a request on the forums forum for a sub-forum for the game. These things take time so may as well do it slightly head of the public beta in the hope We'll have it for launch.

Hercule wrote: »
    dont expect to be wowed by the game - its still not good enough in its current incarnation - im predicting epic Archlord/Pirates of Caribbean sea style failure if the game isnt patched up and optimized soon (24 days left to do the work - cross your fingers!)

also remember that levels 1-19 are training levels whereby its quite a limited and generic game with more emphasis about learning the leveling up, quest and combat systems then anything else

Also, there's some features that aren't been implemented until the actual release like DX10 (which pisses me off) and some of the spellcasting stuff.

I've stuck a request on the forums forum for a sub-forum for the game. These things take time so may as well do it slightly head of the public beta in the hope We'll have it for launch.

Good thinking Batman!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cant wait for this :)

Nice one. There'll be no stupid puppies patrolling in AoC I dare say ;)

A friend of mine was telling me that the first few levels , you dont have to be online to play. Is this true ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

A friend of mine was telling me that the first few levels , you dont have to be online to play. Is this true ?

That would be weird, I mean it's an MMO.

You usually can't even start an MMO without being on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Maximilian wrote: »
    Nice one. There'll be no stupid puppies patrolling in AoC I dare say ;)
    If there's fleas there'll be puppies.

• Advertisement

its compulsory to do your early "destiny quests" (main story quests for your archetype) in a single player environment at "nighttime" - however u must still be connected to the servers to play these quests so its not "offline".

Advertisement