Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of Conan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Really looking forward to this game myself too having seen some footage and developer notes.

For those beta testing and worried about performance issues, it's probably worth bearing in mind that apparently there is a debug program running alongside the game while in beta. Haven't confirmed this myself as I never got an invite for the beta but heard it from a few sources :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

A friend of mine was telling me that the first few levels , you dont have to be online to play. Is this true ?
    As Hercle said you do need to be online to play levels 1 - 20.

These levels are played either at "night" (single player) or during the "day" (multiplayer, like a regular mmo). You switch between the two modes by going to bed. After you leave the starting 1 - 20 area the game turns into regular mmo where its all multi and night and day are a matter of time rather than mode.

You also don't need to pay for play time when levels 1 - 20, only 20+. So when you buy the game and get 30 free days the days are only counted after you reach 20+

(this is all afaik)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone know if i can preorder from irish retail stores yet? gamestop etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Anyone up for starting a boards/Irish guild when the game comes out? Theres not as many servers as wow and no ones rolled yet so it wouldn't be difficult to get us all together. I was thinking the RP-FFA server as it incorparates all aspects of the game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

You also don't need to pay for play time when levels 1 - 20, only 20+. So when you buy the game and get 30 free days the days are only counted after you reach 20+

(this is all afaik)

Sweet didnt know that one. Nor the day and night thing. Last time I was looking this game up (back in December or something) it was just simply your own instance till level 20.

Really hope this game will be as good as its trying to be.

• Advertisement

The gameplay clips on youtube really impress me i must say.

Personally I'd like to stay away from RP servers on this one. I imagine the Conan universe has alot of diehard fans.

Ill ask again:) can i order this in gamestores or is it online only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Steven_in_Cork

Also found it on Game uk website:

http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?sadv=age%20of%20conan&platform=10&price=x&genre=x&subgenre=&publisher=x&developer=x&rating=00000010&availAll=true&Page=1

but you can in "Game" preorder on the till, havent checked others yet tho.

They give you a slip printout and you pay only on collection day

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I just read that the installed game clocks in at a whopping and possibly record breaking 32GB. Thats insane. You have to laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I remember having to delete a load of stuff off my computer when I wanted to install Ultima 7. My dad couldn't believe that one game would take up a whole 8mb of space!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

:-o Your dad is Bill Gates???

According to the charge sheet!

Has anyone tried the game yet? I was out last night, so when I got back I tried it. But it started and the screen was just black. The games mouse pointer was there as was the music, and after some random clicking, I think I heard a noise that indicated I'd hit a button, but I jsut can't see anything.

I was too drunk and tired to try and do something about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Steven_in_Cork

Hi,

got an email this morning stating that the tech testers are in the new closed beta.
    Today they shut down the ongoing beta and from tomorrow on all tech testers
    are in the closed beta for full time playing.
    My account has being upgraded etc....

YES!! Finally, im already patching wich will take forever but i dont mind.

ALso i am making an AOC webpage atm to form a guild / community.

What a lovely day....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sweet, i got the email as well. Gonna have to re-download this tonight (wiped my hard drive recently) and install the whopping client, but will definatly take part. I look forward to trying the actual full game, rather then just pvp. We can also openly discuss the game up untill level 13 :) This shall be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

humanji wrote: »
    According to the charge sheet!

Has anyone tried the game yet? I was out last night, so when I got back I tried it. But it started and the screen was just black. The games mouse pointer was there as was the music, and after some random clicking, I think I heard a noise that indicated I'd hit a button, but I jsut can't see anything.

I was too drunk and tired to try and do something about it.
    I was having a similar issue and went into the settings and changed the graphics to 1024x768.

Started fine then.

Yeah, I read online that that will do the trick. Now I have to wait til I get home from work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Is the Game Client Transferable?

Could I copy the installs from someone elses download and run them on my Computer, so I can be ready for release date?

Are you allowed to talk about what the Pvp is like?

I think the beta client is different to the game client. The beta client has debuggers and things that run along side it, so I'd imagine the whole thing would be a different set-up.

Would be sweet though if you could just copy the install file over on the retail version from a friends pc like you can do with wow. Would save sitting through the gigantic install. (Please be a dvd game, ftlog please!)

• Advertisement

Well, it may do you no good. At the moment, I can't even log into the ****ing thing at the moment. It won't accept my info, and when I ask it to send me my password (just so I can be sure it's right) it doens't send anything. I haven't even started and I've already lost the will to play the game.

Would be sweet though if you could just copy the install file over on the retail version from a friends pc like you can do with wow. Would save sitting through the gigantic install. (Please be a dvd game, ftlog please!)

Lo fkin L @ them all being on CD's. That would be something like 46 discs @ a 32gb install.

FFS 32gbs? insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Forwarded the beta key I was given.
    3 weeks or so untill release.
    It wont be ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I avoided the beta primarily so I wouldn't have to endure the horrors which seem to be normally associated with these.
    Interesting though about using an old client in the beta doesn't make much sense in my view.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I hope they are using an older version of the game client, cause that is one buggy unoptimised mess. Maybe its just my computer, but i'm not willing to wait 5 minutes for a new area to load. A hell of a lot of work to be done imo.

From what I'm reading on the forums the main point of this open beta is to stress test the servers as much as possible, "to simulate a hectic launch environment."

For those that are playing it, apart from the bugs, is it a good game? Could it be...a REALLY good game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'm in the open beta and I've been keeping informed of the game while it was in closed beta (as much as possible). From what I can tell, there are definitely some stability issues. Spell weaving doesnt seem to be in, or its not active till higher levels and alot of the classes seem a bit unbalanced. But otherwise, I definitely think there is the potential for a great game here. Something even to rival WoW, although perhaps just for the PvP aspect (which I have yet to experience).

PVP is my main interest in this. Interested in the PVP servers. I understand its kinda free for all due to there being no factions.

Should make for an interesting and suitably dangerous environment for the universe this is based on.

But hopefully not a frag fest.

• Advertisement

I imagine the all out pvp wont hinder on the game too much since the 1 - 20 area is exclusively for people at those lvls. So you wont have loads of max lvl players slaughtering noobs for the laugh.

Advertisement