Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Race List

• 27-02-2008 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm interested in getting into a bit of middle distance running (10-15k distances) and was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a list of race dates and details. I've been building up the miles recently but haven't raced before. I think that having the goal of competing in an upcoming event would make the training easier and more effective. So any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to Athletics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

You could try here.

By no means an exhaustive list but it's a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭aburke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Back of Irish Runner magazine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

rgiller wrote: »
    I'm interested in getting into a bit of middle distance running (10-15k distances)

Hmm, 10-15k wouldn't be described as middle distance, middle distance is more like 800/1500m (sorry, being very pedantic at time min :D). Whereabouts are ya located? the 5k race on paddys day in dub city centre would be a good start, followed by the bupa 10k on th 6th april in the phoneix park.

• Advertisement
Advertisement