Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accident advice

Options
  • 27-02-2008 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭

Hey just looking for a bit of advice from similar situations.

Was in an accident last week, car in front of me slammed on for no reason, I hit the brakes and just stopped in time, but car behind me didn't. My car is a write off as we were all carrying some speed due to the limit being 100km. The other driver has admitted full liability.

I was asked by the insurance company the day after was I injured and I said no, as I genuinely wasn't, however I do now have some small muscle pain in my neck that started a few days later. To put it into context I do not need a neck brace or anything like that, just small twinges.

Now before it goes any further I am not looking for a huge settlement/payout etc etc. as that sort of carry on drives me mad. I have been lucky so far as this is my only accident and haven't a clue what to do.

I am however concerned that others in a similar situation have said it can take months before back/neck pain appears. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing at all?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You have not signed anything presumably, so its not too late.
    You need to contact a doctor, your insurance company and a solicitor. Personally, I would make the call to your insurance company first. They are there to 'protect' you so get their advice.
    Personal injuries will drag a claim out for much longer though.

Advertisement