Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cena in the Sun newspaper (Contains Raw spoiler)

• 27-02-2008 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭

I realise this is the Sun we're talking about, but what do you think of this?
    Strong enough comment to make considering the two will more than likely be seeing each other at WM.
    Anyone think it could actually be a work of some kind, leading up to a confrontation of some kind in or around WM (they'd hardly involve Rock in the title picture at WM, even if he up for it)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/article849554.ece

WRESTLING superstar John Cena has blasted ex-WWE champion The Rock for turning his back on the business.
    Cena, who has managed to combine acting and grappling, feels Rocky has betrayed his fans by concentrating solely on Hollywood.
    Rock will make a one-off appearance at this year's WWE Hall of Fame ceremony to induct his dad and granddad.
    But Cena told us: "What I kind of get peeved about — and this is my Achilles heel — is that I've wanted to do this my whole life.
    "At one point Rock loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life.
    "So explain to me why he can't come back. Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that.
    "He's very good and very successful. Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career — I get it.
    "Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this. That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off.
    "Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

He is not even called The Rock anymore its Dwayne Johnson.

I would love to see John Cena V The Rock but i do think The Rock is done with wrestling and the WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i listened to the podcast interview with cena (wrestlecast), the only thing
    worth noting was what he said about the rock. did anyone see dwayne at the oscars? why was he even there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

That a$$hole is only bitching cos he is as popular as a cold sore.

Hes saying that if someone came and offered him millions of dollars to make movies and not get thrown around the place week in,week out he would refuse cos he loves the business????

Hmmmmm,maybe when he stars in something that doesnt go straight to dvd he can comment.

Twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

did anyone see dwayne at the oscars? why was he even there?
    Because he's an actor ;)

Cena aint good enough to lace The Rocks boots nevermind talk smack about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

nedtheshed wrote: »
    That a$$hole is only bitching cos he is as popular as a cold sore.

Hes saying that if someone came and offered him millions of dollars to make movies and not get thrown around the place week in,week out he would refuse cos he loves the business????

Hmmmmm,maybe when he stars in something that doesnt go straight to dvd he can comment.

Twat.

is this the same guy who headlined the most successful wrestlemania in history last year (revenue wise) without HHH on the card, man shawn michaels sure is popular ;)

of course cena would be off if an offer of millions of dollars to make movies came in, that is a given but at least from time to time he would bring up his past and ACKNOWLEDGE the WWE/pro wrestling and what it did for him and his career, Rock never even mentioned his past on the oscars sunday night, stacy keibler is the same, are these guys ashamed of their wrestling pasts i wonder :confused:

rock is a really nice guy in person, so down to earth when i saw him in person in new york in 2004 and i don't want to agree with cena on this but the more you read into it and look at what has happened...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

WWE made The Rock so he should be grateful of his past

The Rock >>>>>>>>>>>> John Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

dancor wrote: »
    Because he's an actor ;)

Cena aint good enough to lace The Rocks boots nevermind talk smack about him.

i was just a little surprised to see him presenting an award. most of the time
    presenters are more established actors who have had some real success in the movie business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i also think its a bit unfair to compare rock and cena especially their wrestling careers, rock entered the business at the right time, wrestling was more popular than ever in north america, nwo/WCW was huge, the WWF had austin, mcmahon, foley, taker, kane, DX, corporate ministry all flying high. On the flip side Cena carried the WWE basically on his own throughout 2006 and 2007 without much help from the likes of Lashley, khali, umaga, jbl etc

comparing Rock and Cena is like saying Ryan Giggs is a better footballer than Bryan Robson because he won more or Phil Neal is better than Steven Gerrard because he won far more leagues, different times, different eras, how big would Cena could have been during the Attitude era i wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

i listened to the podcast interview with cena (wrestlecast), the only thing
    worth noting was what he said about the rock. did anyone see dwayne at the oscars? why was he even there?

Yes i was surprised also to see him at the Oscars but he is actor that makes good money at the box office

The Rock should remember that the WWE made his career who would know who he was until WWE same with Stacey Keibler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

lizann wrote: »

The Rock should remember that the WWE made his career

It's a two way thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

cena is such a gobsh!te, does he not realise that all his bits are incredibly familiar, he is nothing more than a poor mans rock, hes useless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 d.harney

the rock is on soccer am on saturday morning!! just in case anyone wanted to know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i was just a little surprised to see him presenting an award. most of the time
    presenters are more established actors who have had some real success in the movie business.

his last movie The Game Plan made 25 million dollars in its opening weeked thats pretty successful, he is quite a good actor, if its a choice between getting your body beaten up every night for a few million bucks a year or making movies that will set you up for life then hes right to make the move, doesnt mean he turned his back on the business he was just done with it, and he got out while he was young, injury free and still popular enough to make a name outside of wrestling, fair play to him i say, cant wait to see if he turns up at wrestlemania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

There's no way Cena's comments aren't worked in some way. How or what, if anything it'll lead to I have no idea, but I'd put my money on some kinda confrontation on an upcoming RAW. Even five minutes of a taped segment with the Rock on RAW would be great, of all the top stars they've lost i the last decade, he's far and away the one thats most badly missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

flahavaj wrote: »
    There's no way Cena's comments aren't worked in some way. How or what, if anything it'll lead to I have no idea, but I'd put my money on some kinda confrontation on an upcoming RAW.

The interview was done before the Rumble, so Cena mightn't have known at the time that he'd be back so soon. If that's the case then it's probably not a work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fozzy wrote: »
    The interview was done before the Rumble, so Cena mightn't have known at the time that he'd be back so soon. If that's the case then it's probably not a work

I'm so cynical these days that I consider everything these guys do and say to be worked somehow!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fozzy wrote: »

at the time he did the nterview with the Sun he DID know he would be back - his interview in the Sun was part of the smokescreen the WWE put up about his return. Probably too early to be a work for a Rock segment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

lizann wrote: »
    Yes i was surprised also to see him at the Oscars but he is actor that makes good money at the box office

The Rock should remember that the WWE made his career who would know who he was until WWE same with Stacey Keibler
    I remember her in her WCW days. :)

I'd rather have a five knuckle shuffle than a people's elbow.
    Take that as you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Terry wrote: »
    I remember her in her WCW days. :)

I'd rather have a five knuckle shuffle than a people's elbow.
    Take that as you will.

Miss Hancock.

She was so sexy playing that character.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

d.harney wrote: »
    the rock is on soccer am on saturday morning!! just in case anyone wanted to know!

He's also going to be on Jonathan Woss on Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Roaster wrote: »
    He's also going to be on Jonathan Woss on Friday

What's he promoting at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    What's he promoting at the moment?

The Game Plan,its out friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The Gameplan is actually fairly good, just cuz Cena breaks his neck filming and wrestling at the same time it will catch up with him eventually lets see what he says then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Did anyone actually listen to this interview? I just did now and he's not nearly as scathing on the Rock as the article would lead you to believe and sort of misquotes him as well

Advertisement