Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your xbox 360 setup!

• 27-02-2008 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Seeming theres a few threads like these I thought this was an interesting idea.. Post your setup that you have.. i.e TV, Stand, gaming chairs etc etc Just your place where you play your games!

I would post mine but at the moment ive no internet at home(only just moved house) and im in work now so I cant! So once I get it back up and running ill post up my pictures! :)

So do you all lads play?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've my 360 hooked up to a 32" Sony LCD TV over vga. Sound output is through optical out into my Yamaha AV Package 61. Nothing major

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Panasonic 50 inch Plasma, Onkyo 605 7.1 receiver with a custom 7.1 setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Sony KDL-40V3000 1080P LCD, Creative GD580 5.1 Speakers and decoder.

dsc00522qy7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

32" lcd with Logitech Z-5500 and a big comfy beanbag to sprawl in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

26" Dell LCD, Logitech Z-5500 speakers and a bed to sit on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Post pictures if you can lads! While im at it ill just say what I have..

LG 37" TV here

http://uk.lge.com/products/model/detail/lcdtv_37lc55.jhtml

Logitech Z5500 (best speakers going) optical through the TV

My chair use to be a bed then I moved house and ive got the room for a nice comfy leather 2 seater! Its the business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

panasonic pt-ax 100e high-def pojector that takes up the whole wall in my bedroom(roughly bout 250 sq. inch's)

sound is mahogony wharfedale surround 5.1 with active sub woofer (when they were good bout 4 years ago)

;)

and i have all the top games on this cracked baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Got a Sony HS60 HD Projecter (100" screen) and 40" Sony HD LCD

Sound is 7.1 Pioneer Amp, with a mix of Mission and Sony Pascal speakers

Here's a pic of my old setup, haven't got a pic of my new one handy

DSCF0916.jpg?t=1204153258

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

xbox 360 on a daewoo 19inch remote controlled crt in my bedroom

used only as a media center extender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Xbox 360 linked to 32" lg via HDMI.The lg has virtual surround sound so have'nt bothered with surround system yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

XBox 360 linked to 37" Sharp Aquos 1080p LCD TV via VGA. Have sound going from it to a Creative DDTS-100 decoder and outputted to 5.1 speakers (unsure of make).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

24 inch cheapo tv
    Sound through my Philips C115 hifi with 2 default speakers
    Gameing chair my 3 seater couch the comfiest ever

johnnyflav wrote: »

(Anyone know how to re-size)

small.?

DSCF0909.

Nice collection of toys there lol

upload the image to photobucket/imageshack it should give you options to resize it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My 360 running on 32" panasonic viera hdtv 1080i

s7300148eu7.jpg

My gaming PC setup: [which eats the 360 for breakfast by the way] :P

Antec Nine Hundred,Seasonic M12 700W,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P P35, ,Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600,4 gig OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC6400,XFX GeForce 8800GTS 640MB XXX GDDR3,2 X Samsung SpinPoint T166 500GB SATA2
    16MB 7200RPM running on a Samsung lcd 1650X1050 [looks superb] :)

s7300149bn0.jpg

Both systems together where i spend too much time :)

s7300145lc5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

johnnyflav wrote: »

DSCF0909.jpg

Someone is spending money on tvs and sky HD rather than his radiators! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

32" 1080i and sound over optical to 5.1

Nice Dcully! My setup is pretty much the same! Same case PC parts etc etc

we get the best of both gaming worlds lol :D

Hehe nice one dazftw,you gotta love the antec 900 case,so quiet too.
    The best of both worlds indeed :)

Holy hell.. DCully's from the future! :eek: :eek:

Check out the timestamp on his photos!

dazftw wrote: »
    Nice collection of toys there lol

upload the image to photobucket/imageshack it should give you options to resize it!

Cool, got it figured in the end, it's not perfect but it's better than it was.
    Julez wrote: »
    Someone is spending money on tvs and sky HD rather than his radiators! :D

HAHA, :D:D yeah, could do with a re-vamp alright, in the process of relocating it right now so I'm not looking at the heating any longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Imagine how crap his rig would be considered in 2030!

img1445su4.jpg

That XBox died. Replacement lies flat in same place.

edit - 19" Dell Monitor and a Sony Hi-Fi. It's in my bedroom so a) no space for a big tv and b) I can't set up 5.1 surround sound because the sound carries all over the house and through to neighbours, and I'd have no space for it anyway.

Couldn't be arsed getting my digital camera so just sat my MacBook on the couch / floor and used the iSight:

My overall setup viewed from couch consisting of Sharp Aquos 37" LCD TV, Argosy Media Drive, Mac Mini, XBox 360, Landline Phone (which looks like a mobile), Wireless Keyboard with Integrated Trackpad, 30 DVD's (boxsets mostly) on bottom shelf and 3 speakers (the other two are up behind the couch). And then 5 full DVD racks to the right of it:
    photo26hj2.jpg

Closer view of setup from the floor in front of it:
    photo27ao6.jpg

Closer view of my 5 full DVD racks (with a couple more boxsets on top for good measure). With 'The X-Files Complete Collection' and 'Scene It?' out in front
    photo28mc5.jpg

Holy hell.. DCully's from the future!

Check out the timestamp on his photos!

LOL yeah, you can blame the wife for that,its her digi camera.
    ,well spotted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

basquille wrote: »
    Couldn't be arsed getting my digital camera so just sat my MacBook on the couch / floor and used the iSight:

My overall setup viewed from couch consisting of Sharp Aquos 37" LCD TV, Argosy Media Drive, Mac Mini, XBox 360, Landline Phone (which looks like a mobile), Wireless Keyboard with Integrated Trackpad, 30 DVD's (boxsets mostly) on bottom shelf and 3 speakers (the other two are up behind the couch). And then 5 full DVD racks to the right of it:
    photo26hj2.jpg

Closer view of setup from the floor in front of it:
    photo27ao6.jpg

Closer view of my 5 full DVD racks (with a couple more boxsets on top for good measure). With 'The X-Files Complete Collection' and 'Scene It?' out in front
    photo28mc5.jpg

Great, i thought i was the only one who does'nt have some sort of separate sound system..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Well, there's no way I'm embarrassing myself by showing pics of my setup after seeing some of those!

Truthfully though, how many of you guys had to do a major tidy-up before taking the pics? I refuse to believe you lot are *that* clean. :D

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Great, i thought i was the only one who does'nt have some sort of separate sound system..
    Actually.. I have 5.1 surround sound from it. There's 3 speakers in the unit with the TV, XBOX etc. They're just difficult to see as they're dark.

There's one either side of the TV (left and right), and 1 on the second shelf down (center).
    Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Well, there's no way I'm embarrassing myself by showing pics of my setup after seeing some of those!

Truthfully though, how many of you guys had to do a major tidy-up before taking the pics? I refuse to believe you lot are *that* clean. :D
    I didn't but i reckon the girlfriend did a hoover round the apartment today! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

My camera phone sucks, and I can't be bothered finding the lead for it anyways...
    Currently have it plugged into a 22" widescreen Samsung monitor (along with my pc)
    The games are all stacked on top of my pc

Sound if through my old stereo... next purchase is definitely gonna be a decent surround sound system.

Also got a 32" tv in the sitting room with my Wii and PS3, but haven't bothered trying the 360 on this yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Benq w500 720p Projector bought from Komplett.ie projected onto wall 85" :), Goodmans 5.1 surround sound system,camera phone pictures unfortunately...:rolleyes:

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Benq w500 720p Projector bought from Komplett.ie projected onto wall 85" :), Goodmans 5.1 surround sound system,camera phone pictures unfortunately...:rolleyes:

That's a fantastic screen. Is it DIY or bought? Xbox at 85"!! You can't go wrong:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Hooked up to a Philips 28" CRT in our living room. Must say that I can't see a thing when I'm sitting on the couch, I've to pull up to an armchair.

Haven't fiddled with the surround sound as it doesn't have optical-in, must try it some evening.

Advertisement