Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your xbox 360 setup!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Benq w500 720p Projector bought from Komplett.ie projected onto wall 85" :), Goodmans 5.1 surround sound system,camera phone pictures unfortunately...:rolleyes:

nice mate, ya can't beat the projector for the oul bedroom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

johnnyflav wrote: »
    That's a fantastic screen. Is it DIY or bought? Xbox at 85"!! You can't go wrong:D:D

its DIY, simply projected onto the wall with a black border on the outside. The border is made out of ordinary paper, printed black from work:). I just cut various long strips and its attached to the wall by Blu-tack which cant be seen or noticed! Cost nothing to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

its DIY, simply projected onto the wall with a black border on the outside. The border is made out of ordinary paper, printed black from work:). I just cut various long strips and its attached to the wall by Blu-tack which cant be seen or noticed! Cost nothing to do!

Sweet idea, sickens me when you see prices of screens reach upwards of €1000:eek::eek: That's easily the best bang for buck screen you'll ever find:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

110" onto a carada screen. cod4 at 110" is as lifelike as it gets

IMG_0837.jpg

Sweet idea, sickens me when you see prices of screens reach upwards of €1000:eek::eek: That's easily the best bang for buck screen you'll ever find:)
    would sicken you even more to see the quality difference then. no comparison between a decent screen and projecting onto a wall. screens are expensive, but are worth every penny

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    would sicken you even more to see the quality difference then. no comparison between a decent screen and projecting onto a wall. screens are expensive, but are worth every penny

I'm tempted to take a look at a real screen, but I'm afraid I'll be tempted to buy one. :D And I must say your own screen looks fantastic.

I'm just saying that for €0.00 the black outline on the wall improves the look of the picture. And that you won't find better value anywhere.

I'm just saying that for €0.00 the black outline on the wall improves the look of the picture.

no arguement there. a decent border around the image is the business..:D

i have a tri pod 65"screen aswell and i dont bother to use it,the quality is nigh on perfect with the wall, fair enough its not going to be as bright as when using a screen but i rent the place so cant exactly go drilling holes in the wall to put a decent size one up. When i get my own place i will consider a screen, A lot of people with projectors dont bother with a screen, instead they just use a special mix of paint which works fine,saves space and looks tidier etc.

i have a tri pod 65"screen aswell and i dont bother to use it,the quality is nigh on perfect with the wall, fair enough its not going to be as bright as when using a screen but i rent the place so cant exactly go drilling holes in the wall to put a decent size one up. When i get my own place i will consider a screen, A lot of people with projectors dont bother with a screen, instead they just use a special mix of paint which works fine,saves space and looks tidier etc.

not saying there is anything wrong with it, it works, and works well. But a proper screen is just a big improvement. I've seen, and used both, including screens of varying quality, and there is a big difference. And i would take a painted wall over a tripod screen most days of the week.

if you think the quality is perfect with the wall, don't go looking at a proper screen anywhere. it'll cost ya..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

47" Philips LCD with 1080p, Pixel Plus picture and Incredible Surround (not so incredible---it's quite crap sound actually!)
    Xbox360 hooked in with Component (no difference to HDMI even to my picky eyes)
    Also PS3 (my bro's) which I have to say does a better job of displaying Xvids/DivXs thanks to upscaling (the 360 refuses to go above 576p when it comes to digital vids)
    Planing to splash out on a Dolby TrueHD/dts-HD setup when they reach mere-mortal prices! For now, not-so-incredible stereo will have to do!

• Advertisement

In fairness i would prefer a screen but the room im in only allows a screen image size of 85", so until im able to get a larger room il hold onto the wall. Yours looks fantastic, thats what im aiming for!Will have it in time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

This is my setup a little bit messy when i took the picture

40" Samsung HD LCD
    2x Xbox 360 Elites (one through HDMI, one through Component)
    1x Xbox HDDVD Drive
    1x PS3 (HDMI)
    PC (VGA)
    Dream Multimedia DM500c Cable box
    all connected through a gig switch
    Currently in the market for a good 7.1 receiver and speakers

peterk19 wrote: »
    2x Xbox 360 Elites (one through HDMI, one through Component)

Lovely setup, but I've got to ask, why two 360's? One Pal, one NTSC?

one modded and one unmodded for live, also use it for 2 player games on the 50" downstairs

peterk19 wrote: »
    one modded and one unmodded for live, also use it for 2 player games on the 50" downstairs

That's commitment :D

And a 50" downstairs:eek::eek:, makes me a little bit jealous!!

That's commitment :D

And a 50" downstairs:eek::eek:, makes me a little bit jealous!!

ah the 50" is the parents TV which i did recommended to them, i was going to upgrade my 40" to 50" but it wont fit up the attic stairs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've a 40inch Samsung connected with component, media center uses the VGA! All this is connected to a set of Logitech Z-680 speakers, awesome sound and recommended to anyone looking for a set of gaming speakers. Should be 2nd hand ones around now as they are about 5 years old!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

DSCF1690.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

o...k....

so thats were you keep your lightsabre........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mayordenis wrote: »
    DSCF1690.jpg

Holly ****! Have a shave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

DSCF1690.jpg
    That's absolutely disgusting, vile and horrific........

...I'm referring to the Liverpool FC merchandise hanging on the wall.. tut-tut! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Heres my Home Entertainment setup

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

I use the Projecta screen from time to time if I feel in the mood.

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

DSCF1690.jpg

Ha!! I didn't even realise the naked guy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

222.jpg

Okay take it easy on me guys. Just a newbie of 1 week as an Xbox gamer!

Playing on a 40" Sony Bravia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Julez wrote: »

Phew, so it wasn't just me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i didn't notice him when i took the photo . . . pretty weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

http://www.pceasier.com/222.jpg

Okay take it easy on me guys. Just a newbie of 1 week as an Xbox gamer!

Playing on a 40" Sony Bravia.

I'd be wary about putting stuff on top of the Xbox. It can run hot and needs to be well ventilated. Stacking cases on it is something I wouldn't recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Julez wrote: »

I thought that was the couch till I read some of the other comments :eek:

@Macker1, that's a nice setup but unnaturally clean and oh so tidy. How the hell do you do that? You should see my mess of PS2, PS3, Xbox and 360 all under a cheap ass Lidl TV stand with my 26" HDTV (that's as big as will go in the room and all I could afford). Still works nicely and is a vast improvement on the old 19" TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Makaveli wrote: »
    I'd be wary about putting stuff on top of the Xbox. It can run hot and needs to be well ventilated. Stacking cases on it is something I wouldn't recommend.

Is it really that bad?

Advertisement