Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your xbox 360 setup!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

its not too bad but have a look at the top of the xbox and see where the vents are and dont block them if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

No pics, but I've an Elite + 26" LCD + 5.1 Surround Headphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

jor el wrote: »
    I thought that was the couch till I read some of the other comments :eek:

@Macker1, that's a nice setup but unnaturally clean and oh so tidy. How the hell do you do that? You should see my mess of PS2, PS3, Xbox and 360 all under a cheap ass Lidl TV stand with my 26" HDTV (that's as big as will go in the room and all I could afford). Still works nicely and is a vast improvement on the old 19" TV.

A lot of the cables where possible are hidden in trucking and if not are affixed to the back of the TV Stand with cable ties. Using wireless connections to the consoles so no network cables there. It took a bit of time and planning to arrange the setup but being a bit of a neat freak I think it has worked out well. I'm happy with the aesthetics of the room and hate a mess as everything has a place and when not in use should be safely put away.

IMG_0342.jpg

That above and threatening the kids with a ban from using the room if they leave things out of place has worked well so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Makaveli wrote: »
    I'd be wary about putting stuff on top of the Xbox. It can run hot and needs to be well ventilated. Stacking cases on it is something I wouldn't recommend.

I'm wary of looking at mine cross eyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Macker1 wrote: »
    Heres my Home Entertainment setup

IMG_0323.jpg

I use the Projecta screen from time to time if I feel in the mood.

IMG_0325.jpg

i must say i'm loving that set up, what kind of sucker needs a window these days anyway?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Infocus N76, Elite, HD, X-Rocker chair... No women.. Thats prob the most important bit. Can't wait to get a place of my own n get a decent sized room that I can play with, renting sucks.. Plan on placing a black border on the wall some eve this week...

dscf0880nj1.jpg
    Shot with FinePix S9100 at 2008-03-02

dscf0885bt8.jpg
    Shot with FinePix S9100 at 2008-03-02

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Jaysus, there's some pretty sick setups out there:eek:. Making me green:)

I've done a change since my first post with a few new bits and bobs, and hid all my speaker wires :D:D

IMGP0917.jpg?t=1204665320

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

When my exams are over I'll post up a few picks as well. Need to give the place a bit of clean first!

Some class set ups there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

wahey I finally to post mine lol

Untitled-1-8.jpg

tv001.jpg

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

Sorry guys!!!

Gotta shame ye!!

I've got a new xbox 360 on the price drop upgraded to 120gb hard drive and flashed!
    I then have it hooked up to a 4-in-1 component cable (shared with a wii with wiikey; friends ps3; liquidcooled super computer goodmans DVD Player (TV runs true this) into a Gadmei HD management box. From this I have it hooked up to a Goodmans Surround Sound System and through a 7.6metre ( soon to be extended to 15 metres) VGA cable to a Zonq High Definition Projector. This is then projected on a ceiling mounted 6 foot white screen. I then use a Malaga Leather Chair from Viking to sit on (Bargain!!) and use my double bed for a foot stool.. NOPE thats not all!!! I also have Wharefendale Flat Screen (not flat panel!!) and a High Definition Samsung 206BW.. This also means that when my mate brings over his 360... Lan gaming through an ethernet cable!!! Now by the way.. Im only 16 and I own all this, other than the PS3 and the wii is partially owned by my sister ( alltho after paying to mod it, I technically now own over 51% of it meaning I own it!!) and its all in my room too. I'm not spoiled either but I do know how to spend my money.

My secret is:
    One, ebay.
    Two, knowing that high end brand names are NOT cheaper on Ebay.
    Three, knowing that buying a mod or modding a wii costs a lot up front but saves you lots in the long run.
    Four, half-buying things.. let your parents buy the expensive things as you save up for cheaper parts such as a sound card or RAM.
    Five, knowing the right people.. the projection screen is on loan from a friend untill I buy my own!! :D
    Six, Wait for things to reach their peak. 360 is now at its most reliable and best price well original users spent 400 and then saw their system RoL a year later!
    Seven, don't get fussy on brands... sure my projector ain't the best but with enough cable convertors it is pretty damn close!
    Eight, Most importantly, Knowing when Christmas and your birthday is

I'll upload pictures next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Everything you said is made redudant because the word goodmans was used at least twice. :D

toco123 wrote: »
    Sorry guys!!!

Gotta shame ye!!

Four, half-buying things.. let your parents buy the expensive things as you save up for cheaper parts such as a sound card or RAM.

Eight, Most importantly, Knowing when Christmas and your birthday is

I remember when I was young enough to get a hand buying things... Them where the days.

Although, I'll give it to you on point 8... Most important days for gadget lovers..

Still, was a fun read... O, and you didn't shame me.. Who the hell are ZonQ btw.?. couldn't find anything on the net about them

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

I had a mega drive and a 14" portable when I was 16, and I thought that was slick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I'll upload pictures next week!

**Shouts**Hey,sis wanna go half's on this camera I saw on eBay. Need to post some pics on Boards.:D:D

Have to also agree about the brand name issue. My Technosonic LCD is fine for my Xbox. Xbox looks the same on the dearer LG downstairs.(both on 720p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

mayordenis wrote: »
    i didn't notice him when i took the photo . . . pretty weird

woah woah WOAH!

explanations are required here. wtf is going on? Is that a comfortable position to play xbox in?

Here is my setup :)

dt3mv7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Here is my setup :)

dt3mv7.jpg

omg thats savage. you have ur pc hooked up aswell . Looks Great:D: what type of tv do ya have

Thanks robdcu, TV is a Dell 32" W3202MC, it's a great tv.

The Goodmans DVD recorder is fantastic and the Sound System is okay! Hellboy, your setup is well sick!!! Thats gotta be a power hazard!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Looks like there is a lot of PS3 owners in the house. You guys use the PS3 much or just for movies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

silvine wrote: »
    Looks like there is a lot of PS3 owners in the house. You guys use the PS3 much or just for movies?

mostly for Blue Rays and DIVX as theres not a lot of games out for it that i cant get cheaper for the 360 which is a shame really as it a great piece of kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

post pictures when i get home, but generally in my TINY room

Acoustic solutions 26 inch HD TV - €449 - Argos
    Xbox 360 pro but with 120 gb hard drive - total cost €470 (package got hd free)
    Xbox hd-drive - €40
    Sky digital - free
    acer 22" lcd monitor - €140
    custom built rig - €850
    logitech 2.1 speaker - €40

thought it throw in prices because i think my Tv is unreal, its 1080p and cost me 449 in argos on a sale of old tvs, it was a bargain, post pics when im home :)

ive a very small room and a VERY untidy desk, so its gna get a clean before i post :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

My setup: PS3, Wii, 360, N64, Dreamcast.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/Image004.jpg

Terrible quality pic sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Xbox 360
    Sont 32" CRT TV
    Mission 6.1 speakers
    Pioneer VSX801 receiver
    Toshiba DVD player
    Sky+ Digibox
    Slingbox

Plan on upgrading the receiver and TV to a 37" LCD before end of the year.

setup1.jpg

unklerosco wrote: »
    I remember when I was young enough to get a hand buying things... Them where the days.

Although, I'll give it to you on point 8... Most important days for gadget lovers..

Still, was a fun read... O, and you didn't shame me.. Who the hell are ZonQ btw.?. couldn't find anything on the net about them

They're Chinese and only sell by wholesale... Its also under the name of Digital Galaxy. Cost me 400 with the Gadmei HD box off ebay. Difficult to reccomend as it requires a lot of patience and cables and requires the HD output Box to change the resolution from 800x600 to 720p or 1280 x 1024 (max) but at the price!!! They're is a sweet 1080p projector on ebay at the moment

So it ain't HD then....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

bucks73 wrote: »
    Xbox 360
    Sont 32" CRT TV
    Mission 6.1 speakers
    Pioneer VSX801 receiver
    Toshiba DVD player
    Sky+ Digibox
    Slingbox

Plan on upgrading the receiver and TV to a 37" LCD before end of the year.

setup1.jpg
    Yikes! No offence or anything but I dont recommend you leave the power brick behind and so close to the 360 as its just asking to overheat and RROD. Just a tip.

unklerosco wrote: »
    So it ain't HD then....

Yes it is at 720p!!!!

Projectors aren't capable for full HD untill just recently. Most HDTVs arent full 1080p HD anyway unless you spend well over €1K!

Anyway 720p is the max for xbox 360s and PS3s (other than one or two games)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Yikes! No offence or anything but I dont recommend you leave the power brick behind and so close to the 360 as its just asking to overheat and RROD. Just a tip.

Good eyes there. :D

Tip taken and will rectify tonight.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

silvine wrote: »
    I use mine mainly for online gaming.

Advertisement