Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your xbox 360 setup!

124»

Comments

toco123 wrote: »
    Hellboy, your setup is well sick!!! Thats gotta be a power hazard!!!
    Thanks, i'd say Minister John Gormley would love it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

my 1080p tv cost me 449 : )

that was before discount

if you go into argos when a new catalogue comes out you get stuff ridiculously cheap tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Yes it is at 720p!!!!

Projectors aren't capable for full HD untill just recently. Most HDTVs arent full 1080p HD anyway unless you spend well over €1K!

Anyway 720p is the max for xbox 360s and PS3s (other than one or two games)

If the max res is 800x600 n u run ur 360 through a box(i'm guessing a scaler) to make it accept a 720p input does not make it HD.. Its still only 800x600...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My setup isn't the best, my 360 and PS3 are running into a Philips 37" HD LCD via HDMI and the Wii is piped in via the component cable.
    The rest of my stuff is a mess of cables and wires into a 29" Sony CRT.
    Hopefully next year I can integrate everything into a proper user friendly arrangement.

I used to play Need 4 Speed on the 3DO via a dolby surround amp back in the day, not to many gamers playing in surround back in 95, of course that was before the family came and took all my gaming money... sob sob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Where i plot my COD tactics :D

350304915a7190421511l.jpg

350304915a7190421686l.jpg

• Advertisement

Where i plot my COD tactics :D

350304915a7190421686l.jpg
    I like the decks :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Hats off Sergeant Decks' setup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I like the decks :cool:

Cheers jus got a cdj-400 love it aint much time for COD since haha

Seany834

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

unklerosco wrote: »
    If the max res is 800x600 n u run ur 360 through a box(i'm guessing a scaler) to make it accept a 720p input does not make it HD.. Its still only 800x600...

Lad, I'm being serious. The max resolution is 1080i/720p/1280x1024.I'll find the website if you wish. If you try 1080p it just goes black and says not supported! Plug the same box into a TV and the max the box will go is 576i before saying not supported. I bought it as the projector is designed for VGA and the projector won't allow the resolution to be changed manually so you need the Gadmei box for component cables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I'd be interested to see the website... Intrigued as to how it works

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭netopia789

Samsung 26 inash what a xbox 360 ps3 from the usa sky hd what 5.1 ss not bad for a bed room than bast 2000 of my life

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Lad, I'm being serious. The max resolution is 1080i/720p/1280x1024.I'll find the website if you wish. If you try 1080p it just goes black and says not supported! Plug the same box into a TV and the max the box will go is 576i before saying not supported. I bought it as the projector is designed for VGA and the projector won't allow the resolution to be changed manually so you need the Gadmei box for component cables.

the max resolution cannot change. Lcd and plasma are fixed pixel displays, they only have 1 resolution. any other resolution is scaled to that resolution.

if you need to convert 720p and 1080i then what you have is a sd proojector that can accept some hd signals and scale them to it's resolution via the external box. otherwiase you'd have no need for the box to scale in the first place.

So why can't I scale to 1080p if thats the case

I'm happy to accept I'm wrong if im proven wrong but I think you understand that im pissed off since it was sold to me as a HD projector

Okay first its a projector, not a TV, and anyway so why can't I scale to 1080p if thats the case
    i never said tv, was making the point that all these technologies are the same, you can throw dlp into the mix as well and make it for all projectors as well. it holds true for projectors based on lcd and dlp, and tvs based on lcd plasma and dlp(not so many of these in europe, but poplular in the usa). there is only 1 resolution

and why can't you scale to 1080p? scaler probably can't handle it. not enough bandwidth. same reason tv's and projectors for a long time couldn't take 1080p signals. even the first 1080p tv's couldn't handle a 1080p input, they were limited to 1080i inputs.

if i'm right you're not scaling to 1080p or 720p, , you're scaling from 1080p or 720p or whatever to a lower resolution. my guess is that your projector is a model meant for presentations and can't handle the normal hd resolutions . the mere fact that 800 by 600 and 1280*1024 are mentioned make it sound like a standard 4:3 projector, and the reason you need the external box is to take the widescreen resolution from most consumer hd equipment and scale it down so that your projector can handle it.

post a link to the specs for your projector, and we can have a look. if i'm wrong i'll gladly eat my words

I'm happy to accept I'm wrong if im proven wrong but I think you understand that im pissed off since it was sold to me as a HD projector

i totally understand, which is why i say post a link to the specs. i'd rather be wrong in this case.

except for one thing you said, about shaming us...you need to look a bit closer at some of the systems here. i am impressed though you have this at 16...

actually found this

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Digital_Galaxy.htm&add=4065

if it's one of these, neither is a HD projector.

mossym wrote: »
    i totally understand, which is why i say post a link to the specs. i'd rather be wrong in this case.

except for one thing you said, about shaming us...you need to look a bit closer at some of the systems here. i am impressed though you have this at 16...

It was only a bit of a joke really! I don't usually show off but at this very moment I'm very happy with my set up!! Also there is some sweet set ups here!!

It seems to be advertised as MAX: 720p on a lot of sites? I've listed a good few. 1280 x 1024 does not seem to be listed anywhere however

It was only a bit of a joke really!
    ah i know, only giving you a hard time. as i said i'm impressed with your setup for a 16 year old

It seems to be advertised as MAX: 720p on a lot of sites? I've listed a good few. 1280 x 1024 does not seem to be listed anywhere however

from the home page

Standard resolution:800x484 SVGA

others have it as 800 by 600...

sorry to say mate, but it's not a hd projector. and the reason you need the external box is that it really only has a vga, svideo and composite input, to hook up the xbox/wii you need the signal scaled and converted to vga..

Yah, thats okay.. unfortunately now the guy has died on ebay since.

What does it mean by this anyway?:

< 12> Standard RGB: 800*RGB*600 (SVGA)
    < 13> Max RGB: 1024*RGB*768; 1280*RGB*600; 1280*RGB*720

• Advertisement

Yah, thats okay.. unfortunately now the guy has died on ebay since.

What does it mean by this anyway?:

< 12> Standard RGB: 800*RGB*600 (SVGA)
    < 13> Max RGB: 1024*RGB*768; 1280*RGB*600; 1280*RGB*720

means they are the resolutions it can accept and scale to it's own resolution.

any display device, tv or projector, that is properly hd will display the hd ready symbol. if it doesn't i'd be wary

and if it perks you up, you're not losing anything on the wii anyway, and the xbox will still look good!!!

mossym wrote: »
    means they are the resolutions it can accept and scale to it's own resolution.

any display device, tv or projector, that is properly hd will display the hd ready symbol. if it doesn't i'd be wary

and if it perks you up, you're not losing anything on the wii anyway, and the xbox will still look good!!!

The wii has to be set to 480p every time for some reason and the xbox 360 is scaled and it looks awesome anyway?

The funniest thing about the projector is when playing 3 player.. someone will still complain and say "hey, how come you've got the big screen" even tho he has a 36" square to himself!!!

Plus it only cost €350 excluding S&H for the Projector + Free Bulb + Gadmei TV Tuner.

The wii has to be set to 480p every time for some reason and the xbox 360 is scaled and it looks awesome anyway?

The funniest thing about the projector is when playing 3 player.. someone will still complain and say "hey, how come you've got the big screen" even tho he has a 36" square to himself!!!

Plus it only cost €350 excluding S&H for the Projector + Free Bulb + Gadmei TV Tuner.

max ouput for the wii is 480p.
    you should play with the different output resolutions from the xbox. some scalers do a better job of scaling from 1 resolution than another, so see which works best.

exactly. for 16 it's a nice system. enjoy it

Thanks but from now on im sticking to Tech > Building and upgrading... looks like i know more bout them than I do resolutions on projectors! Cheers lads. I'll take picture soon!

Advertisement