Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wwe dublin show

• 27-02-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

it been a while since dublin has seen a house show, will we have to wait till the point re opens for an event??

it would be great if they did that outdoor show in dublin again!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

The Point reopens in Nov so id imagine we will have a show then when they usually come over to Europe, so only 8 months till it reopens. 15,000 seater too much much bigger than the old 6,500 seater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

They usually announce their next date in the country at the next show, so maybe they will announce a Dublin date for Nov at the show in Belfast in April! Hope so anyway...I wanna see Jericho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

They usually announce their next date in the country at the next show, so maybe they will announce a Dublin date for Nov at the show in Belfast in April! Hope so anyway...I wanna see Jericho :D

Makes Rebel jerlious by saying i met Jericho in a pub in Montreal :) and met Edge in a pub in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

it been a while since dublin has seen a house show, will we have to wait till the point re opens for an event??

it would be great if they did that outdoor show in dublin again!

The Summer Bash was a great money maker for WWE,but the set-up in the RDS was badly organised for it. Hopefully the ticket prices will be down,I doubt it though,just think,a house show ticket here costs more than a ringside ticket for the Raw after Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

tbh i hpe they organise the point a good bit better for when wwe comes back, the way they had it before was rediculous, if you were on the flats you couldnt see them if they were on the mat, which is where they spend alot of time!! and i had to be one of those headwreckers that got people to sit down, wwe asked for it, not the promotors or the point themselves!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They could do a TV taping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The Summer Bash was a great money maker for WWE,but the set-up in the RDS was badly organised for it. Hopefully the ticket prices will be down,I doubt it though,just think,a house show ticket here costs more than a ringside ticket for the Raw after Wrestlemania.

you can get nosebleed tickets for $20 to wrestlemania, thats about 14 quid, jesus if you were in the city you'd go just for the hell of it, the prices of house show tickets are insane over here, 65 euro to watch an episode of heat more or less, chuck palumbo vs chris masters, **** me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

They could do a TV taping

Yep once the Point is up and running again, I expect they will somewhere down the line.

Yep once the Point is up and running again, I expect they will somewhere down the line.

Im not too sure about that, iv seen the plans of the interior of the new Point, and it wont be like the arenas you see on WWE TV. Its been built more for music concerts and its more in the shape of a roman collesium or a Spanish bullring.

WWE wont change the price of tickets if they continue to sell out, which they always do.

Makes Rebel jerlious by saying i met Jericho in a pub in Montreal :) and met Edge in a pub in Belfast

What does 'jerlious' mean? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What does 'jerlious' mean? :p

I dunno what does it mean :o i think i was meant to type jealous but was distracted in work

Did you not see the note on my sig :p

I dunno what does it mean :o i think i was meant to type jealous but was distracted in work

Did you not see the note on my sig :p

Oh yeah...excuses :p

R.Rated wrote: »
    Im not too sure about that, iv seen the plans of the interior of the new Point, and it wont be like the arenas you see on WWE TV. Its been built more for music concerts..

its going to be one of the most versitile arenas in europe, all the rigging will be done automatically, standing seats, the round, everything! id say they will definatley have it set up correctly for wwe, because thye would 100% be having boxing matches in there so they'd have it set properly!

its going to be one of the most versitile arenas in europe, all the rigging will be done automatically, standing seats, the round, everything! id say they will definatley have it set up correctly for wwe, because thye would 100% be having boxing matches in there so they'd have it set properly!

I honestly hope you're right, dude.

I mean, i had crap tickets to WWE before. The guy behind me had two kids with him, and had to leave after about 20 minutes because they couldn't see a thing. imagine how much money he spent on that. He got the three tickets, probably spent 100's on t-shirts and food/drinks for the kids, and because the arena is a joke, he had to leave before the second match even began.

They desperately need to do it properly.

I honestly hope you're right, dude.

I mean, i had crap tickets to WWE before. The guy behind me had two kids with him, and had to leave after about 20 minutes because they couldn't see a thing. imagine how much money he spent on that. He got the three tickets, probably spent 100's on t-shirts and food/drinks for the kids, and because the arena is a joke, he had to leave before the second match even began.

They desperately need to do it properly.
    The last time raw was hear there was kids just standing on the seats infront of me for the whole cena vs orton match so literally i couldnt see a thing. also everytime me and my friends tried to shout stuff at cena they kept turning around as if we had done something really bad. i think people who are going to bring there kids to wwe event they should go for teird seating so they will have a good view instead of standing up and blocking everyone behind them

I wish people would realise that every single venue WWE does a show in, it doesnt matter if its USA,Australia,UK,Japan, Ireland. All the venues are going to have flat seating on the floor. Its just the way venues are made, yet people come on here an complain about kids jumping up an about, what do you fcuking expect an 8 year old kid to do at his first event, just sit there and appreciate good "workers" and boo Cena. I wish people would cop on and realise this. Also there is simple solution if some of you hate kids blocking your view. Buy tiered seats! doesnt take a rocket scientest to figure that out.

what ive found out from being at a few wrestling shows (wwf years ago, wwa and wwe) the tiered seats seem to have better atmosphere than the flats! anyone feel differently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

what ive found out from being at a few wrestling shows (wwf years ago, wwa and wwe) the tiered seats seem to have better atmosphere than the flats! anyone feel differently?

Definitley agree...
    people in the flats are just worried about running up the barrier at the beginning/end of each match

R.Rated wrote: »
    I wish people would realise that every single venue WWE does a show in, it doesnt matter if its USA,Australia,UK,Japan, Ireland. All the venues are going to have flat seating on the floor. Its just the way venues are made, yet people come on here an complain about kids jumping up an about, what do you fcuking expect an 8 year old kid to do at his first event, just sit there and appreciate good "workers" and boo Cena. I wish people would cop on and realise this. Also there is simple solution if some of you hate kids blocking your view. Buy tiered seats! doesnt take a rocket scientest to figure that out.

They do indeed have floor seating. But they dont have floor seating for 30 rows. they usually max out at 10 before going into tiered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

They do indeed have floor seating. But they dont have floor seating for 30 rows. they usually max out at 10 before going into tiered.

Yeah, that's usually the way with hockey and basketball arenas

• Advertisement

I went to both nights of last Junes shows and was on the flat seats for the first and it wasnt great, i did get some cool shots at the barrier but it just mean walking towards it as i guessed when the matches were going to end so i didnt have to barge my way through kids, the balcony seats are way better though if i ever go there again i wont bother trying to get floor seats they're not worth it,some shots here:

697053536a4623922758l.jpg

697053536a4623865165l.jpg

697053536a4623793882l.jpg

697053536a7026891803l.jpg

you got a few savage shots there allright! but you are right block e, d or c (the way the point used to be) are the best seats to be in, block b isnt great for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Do you regret going both nights?, I thought the first night was bad enough the saving grace was Jeff vs Orton

EdK wrote: »
    Do you regret going both nights?, I thought the first night was bad enough the saving grace was Jeff vs Orton

eh it was pricey alright but the 2nd night was the missus (at the time) first wrestling show so it was fun,they come over so rarely you kinda feel the need to go regardless of how ****e it is, its just a pity the shows happened right during the injury streak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I remember it at the time woo Triple H (blew quad) woo HBK (blew knee) then it came down to wooo Edge if though if i'm not a big fan but he is star power (moves to SD)

I remember it at the time woo Triple H (blew quad) woo HBK (blew knee) then it came down to wooo Edge if though if i'm not a big fan but he is star power (moves to SD)
    I was the same. and by god the show really suffered no edge no HBK no HHH.

yeah but at the same time when smackdown came to the point it was just when kane swapped to SD so we got to see him with taker! swings and roundabouts i suppose!

Krudler, I was also at both nights (i recommend to people to go both nights, by the way. Its great fun).

I had decent seats for the second night, and crappy ones for the first night. I must say though that i think whatever seats you have make the show better/worse.

Either way, i look forward to seeing the point redone. Hopefully theyll do a decent job wrestling-wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

first time they came over, on the tour defiance ??

i got really good seats and it was awesome,

but 2nd time around with the addition of Cena, didnt get good seats, and was standing and kids ruined it
    nearly got kicked out for giving abuse to nitro and masters

price wise i don't mind, but would gladly welcome a lower price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i have been in the front row fror the last 6 shows, the barrier is so high u have to sit on ur jacket to see over, and its on that im small im about 5"10.

its just badly set up is all. u need tiered seating all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

looks like the WWE won't be returning to Dublin any time soon. WWE Raw will be returning to the Odyssey Arena in Belfast on November 13. I hope it will be 2 nights. I'll be going there in April, hopefully they will announce more details then.:D http://www.wwe.com/schedules/events/eventdetail/?id=6576216

Advertisement