Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Banking

Options
  • 27-02-2008 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Afternoon All,

whats the craic with yis?

I just have a a query about banking while travelling. I need to know how other people managed their funds and what they think would be the best way to manage your money while travelling.

Basically i will be going backpacking for a year or two. i will have saved a substantial amount of money for this trip when i leave, but am unable to decide exactly how i will manage this money. i was thinkin, of bringin a 1000 or two in travellers cheques, then putting alot of money onto my credit card (accepted everywhere). However i have be told that this may be an expensive means of moving money around. Another idea was to put all my money into an online bank like Rabodirect.ie then pay my credit card bills from there and then transfer money into international accounst from there i.e. an Australian bank account.

Basically;
    1. i will need small cash for travelling through remote villages
    2. will need large occasional lump sums for Flights
    3. will need to be able to transfer to foreign accounts easily

anybody have any ideas???
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement