Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I determine exchange from phone number ?

Options
  • 27-02-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Quick question.

Can I tell what exchanges two phones are on by comparing numbers?

A neighbor can get DSL and I can’t, and I think we may be on different exchanges.

My number is (Area Code 1) AAA XXXX

My Neighbors number is (Are Code 1) AAA YYYY

From that can we tell if we are on the same exchange

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

Put the numbers through the line checker at the bottom of this page: http://www.smarttelecom.ie/index.html

The exchange name will be included in the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

govinda wrote: »
    Put the numbers through the line checker at the bottom of this page: http://www.smarttelecom.ie/index.html

The exchange name will be included in the result.

Thanks for that

Sure enough we are on different exchanges

But when I enter my neighbour’s number on the Smart page it says that they cannot get DSL, even though they have it.

Are these line checkers accurate?

Should one order DSL from a supplier anyway and see how it goes. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thanks for that

Sure enough we are on different exchanges

But when I enter my neighbour’s number on the Smart page it says that they cannot get DSL, even though they have it.

Are these line checkers accurate?

Should one order DSL from a supplier anyway and see how it goes. ?

That just means he can't get Smart DSL. Different setup to Eircom DSL and only in a few exchanges. If your number fails the Eircom checker then no provider will accept a broadband order.

Is there DSL in the exchange you're on?

Advertisement