Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Removal Boxes - Help please.

Options
  • 27-02-2008 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi I'm moving house and I wonder if anyone knows where I can buy appropriate
    boxes/cartons that I canuse to hold my stuff.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, I want to get my own boxes and not rent them from a removals company.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Bricriu

Argos do a set of strong cardboard boxes for moving house.

Bricriu

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Argos do, but if you work in an office try the Albany or Viking catalogue, they are way cheaper as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I was just about to start a thread asking about this, I remember when my parents moved years ago they got tea chests from a friend......does anyone know where I could get my hands on some of these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

go to any of the cardboard/box manufactures, they usually have seconds end of lines etc for sale cheap, we used Limerick Packaging in Ballysimon different shape and sizes to suit, and way cheaper that Argos etc

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try your local book shop for used boxes. Box boxes are fairly sturdy, but you will need to tape them up.
    Shelli wrote: »
    I was just about to start a thread asking about this, I remember when my parents moved years ago they got tea chests from a friend......does anyone know where I could get my hands on some of these?
    Does tea come in tea chests anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Apparantly not, I contacted Lyons and Barrys and neither have used chests for over ten years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

there are various size boxes in Home Base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 NP14

Thanks for the tips folks.

I went and forked out 60 yoyos for the 1-2 bed set of boxes. from Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I'm moving abroad in the summer and I need to buy 2-3 dozen strong cardboard boxes. Anybody know where I can find them at a reasonable price. Already looked in Argos, Viking Direct without success. Anybody know where I find German style moving boxes like those in the link below

http://www.kartons24.de/

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Threads merged - my advice stands - book shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Thanks Victor but I'm putting the contents into a container and its going across the Atlantic so I need some good strong boxes and a lot of them.

Advertisement