Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test in Deansgrange - live in Ranelagh

Options
  • 27-02-2008 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi

I've just gotten a letter from SGS regarding my driving test - I have yet to ring them to get a date, but assume it will be in about 6 to 8 weeks. I applied to Churchtown/Rathgar, so will be doing my test in Deansgrange.

I failed my first test in November (lack of progress turning right, mainly), and haven't driven much since then (I don't own a car, have to borrow my sister's).

I'm going to book some lessons (5? Maybe 10? Ouch!), but if I book with someone in Ranelagh (where I live) will we have time to get out near Deansgrange in an hour? I don't know the area at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Should be okay. You usually move quickly enough once you get onto the N11. Is the hour including or excluding the time you need to leave yourself to be at the test centre early?

The biggest risk is that the traffic in Ranelagh would be terrible, but you'll have that problem if you're taking lessons there as well, so presumable your instructor would take you a bit further south during the lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Parnassia

Stark wrote: »
    Should be okay. You usually move quickly enough once you get onto the N11. Is the hour including or excluding the time you need to leave yourself to be at the test centre early?

The biggest risk is that the traffic in Ranelagh would be terrible, but you'll have that problem if you're taking lessons there as well, so presumable your instructor would take you a bit further south during the lessons.

The hour was for the lessons - just to get out there and drive around a bit so I'm somewhat familiar with the area before the test. I guess the best bet is to have a chat with the instructor!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The best bet might be to ask your instructor if he'll do your morning pre-test lesson closer to Deansgrange than Ranelagh. It would be good to do a dry run of the routes in the area anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Parnassia

Cheers, thanks for that.

Advertisement