Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Just transferred money there. Apolgies for the delay

great stuff martin. if only des would confirm have we enough to pay the fees so we can concentrate on getting everything else sorted???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

OK.

I've been a bit annoyed tbh.

We talked about getting the money paid with two games left last season.

Again at the last game.

I texted everyone too.

I said I wasn't chasing people for it.

And I'm not.

Either people want this team, or they don't.

I do.

I put my heart and soul into it every week for the last 18 months, getting people informed about matches, making sure people can get to and from matches, organising the gear, this is my fourth time trying to get people to pay for it(fair enough, some lads said they were a bit short, and yeah, that's not a bother, but others, lads come on), being let down by clowns at the last minute on match nights, trying to organise lads to get mates to play.

It was heartbreaking after Xmas with ten, eleven or twelve people coming out to games. Games we needed the points in to win the league, or at least do better than fourth. I believe we are better than that. I know we are.

It's no joke lads.

I'm sending one last text in the morning, once I confirm who has paid and who hasn't, I need to look at the account, and I'm not doing that tonight, I'm taking one last evening away from this.

Re the friendlies. I texted around about a friendly a week or two ago, and only about six people said they'd be available.

Again, either people want to make the effort, or they don't, I can't force people, I can't make people. No-one can.

So, we'll do this thing on Saturday, and organise this game for next week with Dave's mates.

After that there's only a week to go until the season starts. We can try to get another friendly for the weekend of the 5/6th if people want?

I's certainly hope to have the squad together by then anyway, we could just all meet up and do a 10 -v-10 or something?

Right.

One last thing.

Can everyone who WASN'T on last season's squad, but who asked me about joining up, drop me a PM please, just to confirm you are still interested.

Keith, come out on Saturday. SportsCo in Ringsend, if you don't know where that is, someone will post directions etc.

Nunu, PM me please, I think there were another couple (I usually subscribe to boards and can have 4k PMs stored, but I accidentally let it run out mid-March and lost a shed load of them, sorry lads, but if you could just PM me again, that's be cool).

To the lads who haven't paid yet, if you can guarantee me money next week, I can cover you until then, if you need me to.

I'm back lads, I want this to work.

But I can't do it by myself, I need everyone pulling their weight on this.

Read post #1 and #13 in this thread again lads.

It's all there, a month ago at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Nice one Des, I will be there Saturday, I'll reply to the thread about it now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Lads, will you PLEASE stop upsetting DesF and pay your subs. You only get the texts and emails, i get the real life version, i have jus missed the whole of Holby City listening to him ranting

Please, Please pay for the sake of our relationship

thanks

:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Fair play about the friendly. 2nd April suits me though I'd say if we could do it the Tuesday 1st instead we should be sure to get numbers cos our league matches are on Tuesdays so lads should be available.

Unfortunately most of them train on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that rules those days out.

OK

Can we get it for next wednesday then?

It's mainly to have a look at the new lads anyway, so hopefully they'll all come out.

And we'll have numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Des, everyone appreciates the hard work you put in. And as I mentioned in one of the threads I'm willing to help out if needs be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

irishbird wrote: »
    Lads, will you PLEASE stop upsetting DesF and pay your subs. You only get the texts and emails, i get the real life version, i have jus missed the whole of Holby City listening to him ranting

Please, Please pay for the sake of our relationship

thanks

:(:(:(:(

Des, is that your bird or your ma? :p

Oh so this is the one you were telling us about Des. The one who does the you know what in the you know where. Wink wink nudge nudge. Oh in case that wasn't clear I'm talking about anal sex :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

:eek: Martin you didn't just say that :eek:

(secret :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

DesF wrote: »
    OK

Can we get it for next wednesday then?

It's mainly to have a look at the new lads anyway, so hopefully they'll all come out.

And we'll have numbers.

liverpool v arsenal in the champions league, you're never getting a match for next wednesday!

[size=-12] don't mind me, just passing through[/size]

Even better - the fact a Liverpool v Arsenal game is on that night will be just the test of committment we need to sort out whos gonna give 100% for the season ahead and whos not.

In this day and age I'm sure everyone has the ability to record the match (if you haven't used Windows Media Center yet you need to cos there ain't no finer diner), so we should just agree that noone should give any updates on the score at our match, but either way if lads want to opt for watching a game on the box over playing for this team, that means they'd be out of sync with the required level of committment we've stated time and again so should not be part of the squad for the new season.

Martin - how's the view up from the gutter :)

Iago wrote: »
    liverpool v arsenal in the champions league, you're never getting a match for next wednesday!
    Actually it raises a fair point, something you just can't overlook tbh. I don't mind rearranging plans to work around the really big games, but defo not a regular thing like every time there's a Super Sunday we cancel a friendly. But CL quarters is a fairly prestigious affair, so maybe a sensible compromise can be reached?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Oh so this is the one you were telling us about Des. The one who does the you know what in the you know where. Wink wink nudge nudge. Oh in case that wasn't clear I'm talking about anal sex :D

DES

irishbird wrote: »
    DES
    a/s/l?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

This is all just a bit surreal tbh!

In case anyone is not familiar with my sense of humour, I just made that whole thing up :D

Savman wrote: »
    Actually it raises a fair point, something you just can't overlook tbh. I don't mind rearranging plans to work around the really big games, but defo not a regular thing like every time there's a Super Sunday we cancel a friendly. But CL quarters is a fairly prestigious affair, so maybe a sensible compromise can be reached?

The season starts the very next Tuesday so we can't afford to miss the opportunity to have this friendly. Opposition can't play the Tuesday or Thursday, so I defo think we need to go ahead with it.

Des - can you get numbers for pitches off Astro.ie?

Can someone do this lads, I'm up to my eyes in work

Hi Lads,

St. Colmcilles is available for training hours and friendlies until the start of the league.

If you want to book, please email finance@astro.ie, with your preferred times and dates and your own mobile number.

The rate is 120.00 per hour, payment is by credit card in advance only.

Hours available are 7pm-8pm, 8pm-9pm and 9pm-10pm from Monday to Fridat.

Referees can also be arranged at 30.00 per hour, payable to the ref on the night.

Regards,
    ASL

Astro Sports Leagues
    http://www.astro.ie

• Advertisement

I'll email them for availability but I'll need to see confirmed numbers before letting my credit card take yet another hit so I'll post back with their availability for next Wednesday evening and then we can finalise numbers before I reserve it.

I asked if they had 8-10pm available in St. Colmcilles Knocklyon next Wednesday and they came back saying they do.

€120 per hour. Do we want 1 hour or 2? I need to confirm it and pay tomorrow afternoon if we're going with it.

Dave - can you confirm with your mate (make sure they're aware of the pool-arsenal game so they don't get late cry offs)?

Des can you send out a text?

Anyone who posts here please add your availability to the list from the post above yours.

Any new players also let us know if you'd be interested and available for this friendly.

Carl -
    Martin -
    Ed - away
    Dan - Yes
    Michael -
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    Shay -
    Colm Larkin - Yes
    Gav -
    Sav -
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh -
    Kenny -
    Lepo - Yes
    Jules – Yes
    Art -
    Fran -

New Players:

Text Sent.

Asked to be let know by 9am tomorrow morning.

Now, lets se what happens.

I think Dave will b playing for the others.

Dave, what are the other team called?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

I'll be there, I suppose there's no chance we'd have it at 7 so we'd get the second half of the liverpool game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Yeah ill be there if this goes ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Carl -
    Martin -
    Ed - away
    Dan - Yes
    Michael -
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    Shay - Yes
    Colm Larkin - Yes
    Gav -
    Sav -
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh -
    Kenny -
    Lepo - Yes
    Jules – Yes
    Art -
    Fran -
    Keith - Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Carl -
    Martin -
    Ed - away
    Dan - Yes
    Michael -
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    Shay - Yes
    Colm Larkin - Yes
    Gav -
    Sav -
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Darragh -
    Kenny -
    Lepo - Yes
    Jules – Yes
    Art -
    Fran -
    Keith - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) - Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

As long as i can ensure a way of getting to the venue (which iirc is also a league pitch so i had better) i'll be there if asked/required.

• Advertisement

shud be ok

Advertisement