Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Season

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    As long as i can ensure a way of getting to the venue (which iirc is also a league pitch so i had better) i'll be there if asked/required.
    Be there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I'll be there if you need players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Sorry for the lateness but 9am deadlines for a student on holidays, always going to be ambitious!

Carl - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - away
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon - Yea
    Cathal - No
    Shay - Yes
    Colm Larkin - Yes
    Gav - 50/50
    Sav - Yes
    Larry - Yes
    Dave -
    Darragh -
    Kenny -

Lepo - Yes
    Jules – Yes
    Art - Yes
    Fran -
    Keith - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) - Yes

I'll be there if you need players
    Yes please, if you want to join the team, I'll need to see you playing.

So you'll have to come.

I'll stick you down as a yes so.

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    As long as i can ensure a way of getting to the venue (which iirc is also a league pitch so i had better) i'll be there if asked/required.
    Same as above :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

DesF wrote: »
    I think Dave will b playing for the others.

Dave, what are the other team called?

Yeah I'll have to play for them because we'll only have 11, with one or two that we can call upon just in case any of the 11 can't make it. These 11 all know that the CL game is on and are still definites for Wednesday at 8.

Team name is AF1, the name of the class we were in 2 years ago.

So, this is definite then.

Cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

So should I book it for 8pm or 7pm and one hour or 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

id say 8pm, i know I wouldnt be able to make it home and out to the pitch by 7pm

They're holding 8pm-10pm for me until Monday morning - need to confirm if we want it for 1 or 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

So we'll have a chance for revenge against SS and IBM. Cannot wait

SS Rovers, IBM, Inter Yerauldone, Ravenhill and Fabulous Benedtictine monks are all teams we've played before. :eek:

Full Irish, Roy's Rovers, Templeogue and Jacques and the fat men we haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

A lot of our games are at wesley too which is good

And Division 5?? Is there just hardly any medium and high standard leagues?

And I was thinking about Trinity not IBM. We hammered them.

link?

Is there any way of seeing how the teams we haven't played before finished up last season?

Jules, here's the fixtures.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055265477

I can't see links to previous seasons on Astro.ie, they seem to just delete them. :confused:

They're holding 8pm-10pm for me until Monday morning - need to confirm if we want it for 1 or 2 hours.

Pitch booked for one or two hours on Wednesday? I assume there are showers there?

Des are you gonna ref this one??

WeAreShels wrote: »
    Pitch booked for one or two hours on Wednesday? I assume there are showers there?

Booked for 1 hour. 8-9 I think.

Meeting at 7.30.

I can't ref this, I have to watch the new lads from the sidelines, call changes and stuff like that.

Can anyone source a ref?

I can ask on the soccer board if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

link?

Is there any way of seeing how the teams we haven't played before finished up last season?

off work sick today so I had a dig around the astro.ie website. the only teams I could find besides SS Rovers (3rd with 41 points) Ravenhill (6th with 21 points) and IBM (8th with 13 points) all in our division are The Full Irish (7th Division 6 with 14 points) and Templeogue (8th division 1 with 12 points).

• Advertisement

emc2 wrote: »
    off work sick today so I had a dig around the astro.ie website. the only teams I could find besides SS Rovers (3rd with 41 points) Ravenhill (6th with 21 points) and IBM (8th with 13 points) all in our division are The Full Irish (7th Division 6 with 14 points) and Templeogue (8th division 1 with 12 points).

Good work Michael. :)

I take it that last one is 10th with 12 pts, otherwise that's a pretty rubbish division.:D

I reckon our task will be tough this year to win it. Tempelogue will be good even if they got tanked in Division 1. And Des what's the story with us being in Division 5? Also, what's the deal with DCU sat? I rang and it's free all day

That fixture list looks pretty cos it's all Tuesdays and the latest kick-offs are 4 x 21:30s which ain't bad at all and if they've finished the resurfacing of the pitch in Wesley, it's a good pitch.

Templogue may well be club players cos I doubt a bunch of lads would be calling themselves such a boring name but that said, a club would likely be training on a Tuesday, so maybe not.

Anyways, let's not worry about the opposition - on our day we are capable of beating almost every team we've come across, and the new additions to our squad look like they've plenty of potential and that will hopefully bring us to the next level. Winning a league, any league, is always gonna be tough,but there's no reason to think we can't win this league.

WeAreShels wrote: »

Booked for one hour in St. Colmcille's for Wednesday 8pm, so we need to start at 8pm sharp. It's €120 an hour, my vote is to book for 2 hours and play 90 minutes to get a look at all our players, maybe giving a few to Dave's team if they're short, but not sure if that's the consensus. Pitch is available till 10pm.

We can book a ref for €30 if need be - let me know by the morning.

Booked for one hour in St. Colmcille's for Wednesday 8pm, so we need to start at 8pm sharp. It's €120 an hour, my vote is to book for 2 hours and play 90 minutes to get a look at all our players, maybe giving a few to Dave's team if they're short, but not sure if that's the consensus. Pitch is available till 10pm.

We can book a ref for €30 if need be - let me know by the morning.

Asked the lads and they'd much prefer playing 90 mins, should give Des a better chance to look at players as well. I say book the ref too.

You playing for them Dave? I'll show no mercy ;)

I'm all for playing 90 minutes, reckon it'll really stand to us when the first league game comes along next week.

Des - will I book it for a second hour?

It's €120 an hour so €240 for 2 and ref is €30 per hour, so that'd be at least €45 giving a total of €285 or €300. With 11 on Dave's team and probably about 14 on ours, that'd be about €12 a man. I'm happy to pay that, just wanna make sure that's gonna be cool with the majority before booking it.

At about €2 a head I reckon it is worth it to get a ref (yep, he'll be muck but that's what we play all season with so best off getting new players used to it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Daves gonna get some Eduardo challenges, if not from Martin then from me :p

OK lads.

Just going to say some stuff, and I'll be repeating it on Wednesday.

Those of you who know others who don't post here, get the message to them, because I have a complete pain in my tits at this stage, I'm on the verge of walking away from this whole thing.

Let me make one thing clear from the start.

I am NOT doing the money thing at the end of this summer season.

For six weeks now I've been sending text messages, posting here and whatever else about getting paid for this season.

So far, thirteen people have paid.

Lads, that isn't good enough. Thirteen people paid up means we don't have the cash to cover league entry. It means I have to fúck my job around with asking for a half day or a day off to pay the league and referee fees, I don't know when I'm going to have the cash. It also means I have no money to go and buy balls, bibs and whatever else equipment was mentioned. What are we using on Wednesday, does anyone know?

The league kicks off IN ONE WEEK.

There are 17 people who I think are signing back from lastseason, but some of them won't answer text messages when I ask them what the story is. Again, not good enough. Four of them need to pay. I am also expecting some people to pay on Wednesday. If I don't get funds to cover the League Entry and at least three footballs, I'm walking away from this, someone else can take over, or the team can dissolve. At this stage, I don't really care which.

Lads, you all knew there was a new season coming up, since the last one kicked off.

I am not ponying up any of my own cash for this, looking at how hard it has been to get money from people this time round, I doubt I'd see it again.

I'm not asking for money from anyone else at this stage, the time for asking has passed.

Either people want to pay for this, or they don't.

It's that simple.

Someone else make the call about Wednesday evening and however long you want to play for.

If someone wants I can PM or email everyone's phone number, because frankly, I've had enough of texting people this past week and a half, and getting no answers.

About getting money from Boards themselves, it's a long process, the Admin are busy with other things, and I've been busy trying to get people to pay, I've been busy in work, and I've been busy having a life too.

So there you have it.

Get on to whoever wants to play, get them to pay for this, or we all know what will happen.

OK?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Feck. There's me thinking everyone was waiting on little old me :o
    I'd be a hypocrite to say anything about people not paying on time, but an 'aul bit of communication wouldn't go astray lads.

The wheels are well and truly in motion, be an awful shame to see it fold now but it can happen so much more easily than people might think.

Advertisement