Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Season

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

Wont be able to make it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Any luck Des? I'm going to the physio this evening about my injury. Let you know how I'm set for next week then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

is this on or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm heading out at 6 and won't be home tonight so i kinda need to know if i gotta bring my gear with me or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Like donkey kong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

is anyone heading out from city centre/pearse street direction?? know what bus to get but not where to get it from or where to get off

Same situation, don't know dcu at all so no idea how far it is/what it looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

go here
    http://mkmap.com/dublin

pick route 11 from the drop down and then follow it to near the end. It goes past DCU then left. The pitch we play on is further back that road before it turns left, you can see a few small pitches then a big pitch at the back (left hand side of ballymun road leading up towards DCU).

The label for DCU lists all the other buses that go there, the 11 goes up westmoreland st, there's also the 13 that's handy for pearse st cos theres a stop across the road from pearse st train station (westland row).

Oh and I won't be able to go tomorrow as I've to attend a baby's christening, thought it was on later but it ain't

Good luck and remember to get a penno against sav the cheating bastard!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

4,4a,13,19,19a all go from westmoreland street. You need to stay on until you see an esso station on the left and a park on the right. Sav marked it on a map so it shoulder be rocket surgery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I got a lift back to Goatstown on Wednesday, think it was with Art?
    He said to PM if I was looking for lift on Saturday.

Who should I be PM'ing? (haven't quite matched usernames to real names yet:o)

I'll be there anyway lift or no lift cos I can get the 11 bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Right, for the lads bussing it out or whatever, just get off at the bus stop right outside the "On The Run" petrol station at the start of the Ballymun Road. The Sports Grounds are behind the garage, the entrance is about 5 yards before the garage itself.

Impossible to miss tbh and with such a good number of buses I think this is a fairly easy pitch to find in comparison to some of the others we play on.

The garage is just opposite Albert College Park and is 1-2 stops before the main DCU campus stop, so if you ask a bus driver to "let you off at DCU" chances are you'll miss the stop.

See yiz then.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

I won't be there, my ankle is fecked after the last night, Art

If its swollen and there's bad bruising on it Art then you might have damaged ligaments. I've done it a few times. Need to go to the physio or it never heals properly. You're balance will be shot.

Good luck tomorrow lads. Have work so won't be there. Went physio today about the injury I got v coffin Dodgers and I'll miss tuesday but should be back the week after.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I dont think im going to be able to make this tomorrow lads. Somethings come up back home which i need to sort out. I think i'll be heading back around 4pm, but if its going to be any later, then i will come over. Buts its looking less and less likely. I'll let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

How are we doing for numbers Des?

I'm really sorry guys but i got delayed coming back and am only just home. Won't be able to make it in time over to DCU, hope it goes well!

See you all on Tuesday.

Apologies lads, apparently the text never delivered.

:o

Anyway, we scraped a team together, and played 10-v-10 for a while, until our eleventh man arrived.

We would have won with a full strength, and if Sav could finish his dinner, we would have won today:D

4-2 to Phoenix.

Roll on the new season.

Not bad result considering we only had that many out. Who scored for us? And the 20 who'll be playing next season? When are you cutting Milhouse??? :D

We had to borrow a couple of their players, one of them scored our first, Denis I think his name was.

And Shay scored :D

His first goal in the blue I think.

• Advertisement

Fair play to Shay! Now all I need is to break my duck

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Fair play to Shay! Now all I need is to break my duck

He's played three seasons though :D

Also, the pitch cost zero, lol, there was still nobody working there, so feck them.

I met some Bohemians superstars too.

Harpal Singh, Darren Mansaram.

I was nearly gonna ask them to play for us, but just couldn't bring myself to.:)

DesF wrote: »
    He's played three seasons though :D

Also, the pitch cost zero, lol, there was still nobody working there, so feck them.

I met some Bohemians superstars too.

Harpal Singh, Darren Mansaram.

I was nearly gonna ask them to play for us, but just couldn't bring myself to.:)

Must be there week off or something. Bizarre. Those two wouldn't have added much anyway :D

What was the lineup btw? Mr I got myself banned from boards wants to know

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    What was the lineup btw? Mr I got myself banned from boards wants to know

Karl
    Simon----Keith----Geoff----Michael

Eddie
    Shay--Jules
    Hendo

Sav
    Denis

We had to start with 10, so Shay was in with Keith, and Sav in the middle with Jules, I think, then Geoff arrived so we went like that ^^^^

Then one of their lads went off injured at half time, so we lost Denis and played 4-4-1 for a while.

Then we went 3-4-2 with Simon moving to Right midfield and Eddie up with Sav.

Decent game, but the turnout was shocking. 7 from a squad of 20+. I don't think, on this basis, we can afford to be cutting people from the squad.

It was 1-1 at HT and with a full strength side it would have been a proper test but as the game went on we really went to the dogs. The first league game is now 3 days away, here's hoping we don't get off to a sluggish start.

I don't think the group text thing is a valid excuse either tbh, everyone on Wednesday night knew there was a game as well as those who contribute here so the vast majority of the squad should have been kept in the loop from someone.

Anyway, I didn't have the best of afternoons but still glad to get the game of ball in before Tuesday. Well done to all who showed up, for 40mins we gave a good showing of ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Where was Harpal? Annoyed i missed him, think the chaps quality

Gileadi wrote: »
    Where was Harpal? Annoyed i missed him, think the chaps quality
    Before the match when you lot were down on the pitch a whole squad of Bohs walked by me, they were training down on the grass. Some of Sav's lads are Bohs scum fans, they were chatting to them.

Looked like a reserve session tbh, I didn't see Fenlon or any of the other players I'd recognise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

glad to get the run but I'm a bit disappointed with how I played, shouldn't have let them in for their last two goals but I was feeling the hamstring at that stage so hopefully will do better Tuesday. Our passing game was excellent at times today, we just need to be a bit more direct going forward.

I also thought we did well when playing the ball out of defence into midfield without long ball

• Advertisement

I'd say fitness and sharpness played a part toward the end, our shape was all over the place tbh. We may be able get another friendly with them after the current season ends in May, sure we'll play that by ear.

Anyhoo, I think anyone who played either friendly this week (or both) will be better for it come Tuesday.

Advertisement