Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham E/W Lucky 15

Options
  • 27-02-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭

Ok lads and perhaps lassies,

Can anyone give me 4 horses (with odds over 4/1 and preferably over 10/1) that they fancy for a lucky 15 the week of Cheltenham. Im just gonna plump for the E/W lucky 15, andlet that be my gambling for the week! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Arkle Chase: Mahogany Blaze 8/1
    Champion Hurdle: Sublimity 7/2
    Ryanair Chase: L'Antartique 7/1
    Champion Chase: Nickname 16/1

All with Bet365.com

S

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

This is one i did today e/w with pp

Supreme Novices: Pigeon Island (12/1)
    Champ Hurdle: Catch me (16/1)
    Ballymore properties: Trafford Lad (10/1)
    Royal & Sun Alliance: Pomme Tiepy (8/1)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Kinda32 wrote: »
    This is one i did today e/w with pp

Supreme Novices: Pigeon Island (12/1)
    Champ Hurdle: Catch me (16/1)
    Ballymore properties: Trafford Lad (10/1)
    Royal & Sun Alliance: Pomme Tiepy (8/1)

Might have a crack at that myself. Wasn't going to bother with Cheltenham this year because I'll be working....two years running, must manage my holidays better. But think an each way lucky 15 should feed the gambler inside me.

Fancy Pigeon Island and Pomme Tiepy myself at those prices and will take your word for the other two :D Tis only thirty quid after all, if I walked away minus thirty after a week of Cheltenham I'd call it a profit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

each way lucky 15 is a mugs bet, go straight lucky 15 or don't bother

best of luck though, I haven't looked at the cards yet, and while I'll be working I'll likely pick 4 selections each evening for the following day

keep me motivated in work! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

chump wrote: »
    each way lucky 15 is a mugs bet, go straight lucky 15 or don't bother

best of luck though, I haven't looked at the cards yet, and while I'll be working I'll likely pick 4 selections each evening for the following day

keep me motivated in work! :D

Would disagree with you there (especially at Cheltenham) when your backing horses at decent prices like 12's.. each way bet is 3's which would return €624 for 4 placed horses in an 1 euro each way lucky 15.. would take that any day, no mug in that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭midger

TRY THESE ;
    Supreme Novices Hurdle - CAPTAIN CEE BEE 7/1
    Champion Bumper - COCKLESHELL ROAD 25/1
    Jewsons Novice Handicap Chase - DEAR VILLEZ 6/1
    Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle - PARSONS PISTOL 25/1

I'm very confident on these 4 horse to either win/place in Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Some useful picks for the OP. Be interesting to see how you all did or might of done. I'll wait until each day before i know who i like. I like the bare form in front of me. I'm stupid that way ya know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Kinda32 wrote: »
    Would disagree with you there (especially at Cheltenham) when your backing horses at decent prices like 12's.. each way bet is 3's which would return €624 for 4 placed horses in an 1 euro each way lucky 15.. would take that any day, no mug in that!!

i just don't dig them, prefer to keep place multiples in a separate pile. :D

nice thread though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Wait a few more days and if you're horse is not running , you will at least get your money back. As it stands with most companies if you place a bet and horse doesn't run , you lose your money , or indeed if he runs in a different race than what you picked (many are doubly entered) you also lose.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

shawnee wrote: »
    Wait a few more days and if you're horse is not running , you will at least get your money back. As it stands with most companies if you place a bet and horse doesn't run , you lose your money , or indeed if he runs in a different race than what you picked (many are doubly entered) you also lose.:cool:
    Misinformation alert!
    Most bookies are operating a Non- Runner Money Back Policy at this stage. Paddys started theirs on Tuesday and Boylesports started theirs yesterday or the day before. I'm guessing the other major players will have followed suit at this stage as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement