Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

savings account? aib

Options
  • 27-02-2008 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    quick question, i have a student account with AIB [online+phone aswell]
    i'm currently getting some money for some contract work but i do not want to put it in my current account [i dont want my creditcard/atm/laser to access it]

so my local branch suggested i open saving account online, but i think that has some automated system which transfers a min amount of 20 euro everymonth from my current to my savings AND also im limited to uploading 1000 euro a month.

I have a few cheques that might expire soon that i need to lodge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

It sounds like you need the Online Notice Deposit 7 Account.

5% interest rate (one of the best on the market). You open it via your online banking. It's a Notice account (7 days), so you can transfer funds into it (however much you like, whenever you like), but must give 7 days notice to withdraw from (again, this is all done online).

7 days is not very long, (considering some Notice accounts are for 90 days!), and might be a good thing for you if you are worried about being able to get at your money too easy!

Open the account now online as it will probably take a few days to set up (not sure on that one), and lodge the cheques to your current account. Once cleared, you then transfer the funds to your deposit account online at your discretion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 FA

It depends on how long you want to save for?

Anglo Irish have a reg saver account, if you save anything between 100 - 1000 per month for two years, they will pay you 7% - it beats anything on the market as far as iam aware.

Want further info let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭The Rooster

FA wrote: »
    Anglo Irish have a reg saver account, if you save anything between 100 - 1000 per month for two years, they will pay you 7% - it beats anything on the market as far as iam aware.
    It definitely does not beat anything on the market!

First Active regular saver is better - 7.15% - limited to €1,000 per month like Anglo

AIB regular saver is better again at 7.30% - but limited to €300 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

€300 a month is a bit of a pain. Is there a limit on the amount too?

Advertisement