Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripped of By Crèche

Options
  • 27-02-2008 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else has been ripped off? We were told in November we had a place in a Crèche locally but have now received information that due to mistake they can no longer offer us a place but of course get to keep the €100 deposit for administration costs.

Its difficult enough leaving your child in care but how are you supposed to prepare for going back to work when a Crèche takes your money and gives nothing in return, do they think we should put €100 down in every Crèche in town to be sure, wish I was that rich!!!

Any one have any experience of Child care locally?

Cheers

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,957 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

mistake on whose part?

if its their mistake then demand your money back, if they don't budge then take them to small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Is this about getting the deposit back, or a recommendation for another creche? If it's the former, I can move this to the Consumer Issues forum where you'll find some useful folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

Loyatemu

Looks like I’m off to the small claims court then,

Eoin

It’s about getting the money back really and was also wondering if anyone else has had a bad experience like this with any local Crèche.

Feel free to move to the Consumer Issues.

Thanks

P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

That's a disgrace really! So let me get it straight,they say your child has a place,take €100 off you,then say due to a mistake on their part they no longer have a place but are keeping your money anyway??

Small Claims Court ASAP is what I say,and let us know how you get on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

As already said if it was their mistake they owe you that money,do the nice approach first and ask for the money back again and keep a log of all communication between you and them,if they still refuse tell them you will bring this to the small claims court.
    Usually thats enough for them to be more cooperative but if not take it to the small claims heres a link with more info about how to proceed and what happens after you lodge a complaint
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/courts-system/small_claims_court
    Best of luck and let us know how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

No need for the small claims court, the mention of it seemed to do the trick.

Money's in the post

Thanks for the help!!

Regards

P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mr Posh wrote: »
    No need for the small claims court, the mention of it seemed to do the trick.

Money's in the post

Thanks for the help!!

Regards

P

bloody chancers...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Name and shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Defo name and shame.

I will be looking for a creche soon, possibly around your area. It might save others a lot of hassle also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Mr Posh wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else has been ripped off? We were told in November we had a place in a Crèche locally but have now received information that due to mistake they can no longer offer us a place but of course get to keep the €100 deposit for administration costs.

Its difficult enough leaving your child in care but how are you supposed to prepare for going back to work when a Crèche takes your money and gives nothing in return, do they think we should put €100 down in every Crèche in town to be sure, wish I was that rich!!!

Any one have any experience of Child care locally?

Cheers

P

Probably more than just getting a refund here, eg, did you have a confirmed booking (in writing) originally or was it vague and verbal, and when was the place due to become available. If it was very late notice, you could tackle them for breach of contract etc.

Advertisement