Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NIB Banking

• 27-02-2008 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,859 ✭✭✭✭

I use NIB online banking which is claimed to be Linux compatible although they don't offer any support unless you use Windows or OSX.

A few point updates of Opera ago, something Java related broke which meant you could no longer authorise payments or transfers in Opera (it kicks off a Java applet to do this), not really a problem as Firefox still worked.

As of yesterday and updating Firefox to 2.0.0.12, it doesn't work for payments or transfers either.

Firefox 2.0.0.12 works fine in OSX but I work in Linux almost all of the time and don't want to have to reboot to do my banking. I'm also thinking of building a new desktop machine soon which will be linux only.

Using Sun Java 1.5.4 on fully patched OpenSUSE 10.3.

Any ideas anyone? I doubt that complaining to the bank will get far. Seeing as both Opera and Firefox are supported on Windows and OSX they should work on Linux...

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Did you try using konqueror? i find it better for java than firefox(java doesnt work at all)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,859 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Haven't actually tried to log in with Konqueror yet, but I did use it on the 'check if your computer meets our requirements' thing they have and it failed. Will give it a go though.

I suppose I could downgrade Firefox but then the security fixes would be lost...

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,859 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

ninja900 wrote: »
    As of yesterday and updating Firefox to 2.0.0.12, it doesn't work for payments or transfers either.

They obviously changed something at their end, as it worked tonight with Firefox 2.0.0.12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I know it's far from ideal, but if you keep having problems and *really* don't want to reboot, you could boot your Windows/OSX partition in a VM. Sig says you have a Core 2 Duo so you could put that virtualisation feature to good use.

Advertisement