Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A.I.B closing

Options
  • 27-02-2008 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

just down in the AIB bank on the carlow road and over heard someone mention that that branch will close in april and everyone will be moving to the high street branch, anyone else hear anything about this, shame really as it was so handy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

if thats true thats a shame - was just in there today and it was really busy so surprised if they are closing. High street is a pain as you have to park a good bit away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I heard they were closing months ago but are moving out to the ring road near where State street is , pretty sure it was the manager who told me that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Yeah I heard that ages ago. They are merging the Dublin Road branch into High Street.

Wonder have they been offered money for the building to merge into the new shopping centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I'm amazed that the Dublin Road AIB is still open. I heard its been robbed a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yep, its been robbed lots of times. Easy getaway up the N10, minimal traffic etc.
    As far as I know the High Street branch has never been robbed. You'd be stuck in the traffic at the parade for ages ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

This is very annoying; it was always a very busy branch and now they go shut it :confused:.
    Think really they have been downgrading it the past 12 months or more with the double yellow line right outside the branch and no attempt made to facilitate alternatives for parking.
    According to the letter I recieved it is bizzarely to IMPROVE customer service they are closing it. What b*****t! Just yet another stingy costcutting exercise by AIB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I don't know what other banks are like, but AIB don't seem to want to deal with customers face-to-face. Several years ago one person in particular used to almost berate me for going into the branch to pay the credit card bill instead of using Internet or phone banking. I don't even understand why staff would really want that as if enough people stop going to branches they just lose their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Is it closed now? The ATM there, I always found to be very handy. Wonder if they will keep the ATM?

Kahless wrote: »
    I don't know what other banks are like, but AIB don't seem to want to deal with customers face-to-face.

I think they are all going down this route to be honest.

There seems to be more notices up in the bank I go to each time I go in...

You can no longer pay your bills over the counter...
    You can no longer lodge coins after 2pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

they've signs up now saying they are "moving" then explaining in smaller print they are merging with the high street branch. May 9th was the date on the sign.

• Advertisement

There's building work going on in High St to accommodate the move too apparently.

Which way are they building? There's no room either side...

Er, internal building work :)

They're changing the internal layout of the place, apparently the builders are working all night on weekends in order to not interrupt the business during the week.

My bad.

Mis-read your post to mean they were extending the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

yeah i thought the same ..
    theres actually the alleyway behind it if they wanted to expand backwards...
    think its called pennyfeather lane or something.. scary at nightime..

The signs on the doors now say that the ATM there is going to disappear this friday :(

Advertisement