Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your opinion of Vodafone?

• 27-02-2008 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

and which sector handles your account? consumer, business or corprate.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

manOFtoon wrote: »

prepay... Never had a problem in 6 years... Which is a pitty cause I love arguing with customer care-rs...
    Find their phones very reliable! (and I own way too many of them...damn me!)! Since I'd never ever go bill-pay, I can't much comment beyond that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Was on pre-pay for 4 years up until summer 2005 (went to 3 bill pay)

Always found them reliable and gave a great service but also found them very expensive and my credit went down faster and faster the whole time it seemed...
    13c texts like that was just brutal.

Though I dont follow them much now in terms of what deals there offering etc I do hear a lot of people (teens generally) are moving back to them from meteor because there now offering free text deals and the likes.

I guess it really depends on what type of user you are

www.callcosts.ie and see for yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

they are a big, old ugly behemoth of a company. the last to put their prices down. they are trading mostly on brand name, because they took over the first network here they have better coverage. but only very slightly these days

I don't like the way they try to push their copy protected mobile content services so much, but their biggest problem is that they are too expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

towel401 wrote: »
    they are a big, old ugly behemoth of a company. the last to put their prices down. they are trading mostly on brand name, because they took over the first network here they have better coverage. but only very slightly these days

weren't o2 the last to put them down? vodafone brought in their free text deal and lower calls rates long before o2 brought in new price plans. i know because i was working in a phone shop at the time and i've sold vodafone's new tariffs but not o2's

a few years ago it was always vodafone last to put down prices. They also started this crack with charging more for international texts and some other 'unpopular' stuff I cant think of right now.

In the olden days Eircell was a great company, free ringtones and graphics, free texts on christmas day. sure the calls used to cost 80p per minute but the service was good.

• Advertisement

I don't like the way they try to push their copy protected mobile content services so much, but their biggest problem is that they are too expensive.

what about O2's prepay data charges (more like a "fine"???)? o2's range (???) of prepay handsets?
    Hmmm???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

why do you want to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 manOFtoon

laoisfan wrote: »
    why do you want to know?

:confused: if you dont want to answer then go away :rolleyes:

:confused: if you dont want to answer then go away :rolleyes:

:) you've been a member of boards.ie since "Feb 2008" and you have 5 posts. do you work for a mobile phone company? just curious :)

to answer your question i am an ex-customer of Vodafone, i'm currently with Meteor. the main reason i left Vodafone is that they have to be the meanest when it comes to upgrades (imo).

btw consumer sector handled my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Quote from manOFtoon from another thread
    Sorry mate but i work for Vodafone tech support and i set up pop3 and imap4 email all day long so i dont agree with you their.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Hi,
    Can you explain your reason for asking these questions?
    As you work for Vodafone - why do you want to know?
    Is this an official Vodafone survey?

No mate this is not an official survey, im just curious ;)

I take pride in my work but many of my colleagues dont, i just wanted to know the impact of the service they give you.

No mate this is not an official survey, im just curious ;)

I take pride in my work but many of my colleagues dont, i just wanted to know the impact of the service they give you.

at least be up front about your intentions. and you told me to go away? ;)

you should of been upfront and given an answer the first time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

In fairness I dont mind who knows.. I have been with them all over the years and i keep going back to vodafone for the service and reliability. I have my phone and 3g modem with them and they've always been top notch if I ever had a problem.. I also like the way you get to speak to an Irish person when you do have a problem not like another carrier who have indian callcentre and have a script to read from.... Good work lads,

Ps. the upgrades could be better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

I think €20 before vat for the blackberry packages is scandalous. Also, the vodafone blackberry page indicates that you get internet included in that price. You don't you have to pay extra.

I'm changing to O2 when my contract expires. I've been meaning to do it for years.

im not sure why you pay that much for blackberry :rolleyes:

also the internet is included.

you should of been upfront and given an answer the first time ;)

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

im not sure why you pay that much for blackberry :rolleyes:

also the internet is included.

That is what vodafone charge and they internet is not included.

strecker wrote: »
    what about O2's prepay data charges (more like a "fine"???)? o2's range (???) of prepay handsets?
    Hmmm???

all mobile phone companies suck when it comes to data charges. but i don't really care about some network's range of handsets, i will never again buy a phone from a network again. always unlocked & unbranded

• Advertisement

all mobile phone companies suck when it comes to data charges. but i don't really care about some network's range of handsets, i will never again buy a phone from a network again. always unlocked & unbranded

generally, I'd give you the point/-s, but come on... Some differences: 1 cent per kb (O2) or 2 euro per mb (voda isp) or 99 cent for 50 mb (voda live!)....
    As to branding: I have to admit some handset branding is visually appaling (e.g. Voda's k750 or the voda icons on f700's croix menu), on the other hand: I have a tytn, a treo 750, n95/8 and e61... All vodafone, visually no or little branding, but more importantly: not one has caused me any grief! Compare that to unbranded versions that very often have serious flaws in early batches: p990i, e90, n95, Q9, P1 etc etc etc... I don't like any of the networks, which is why I don't sign their contrcts, but they do some kind of testing that is not always bad (sure: voda's 6680 was a joke, so is their f700...and the navigator can't handle the ireland map...lol)!
    So, I think partly the dissatisfaction with branded handsets has more to do with the overall attitude of the network, their mostly inept instore staff, etc etc ,...and less with the real ratio of botched up hansets...
    I could however be wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Vodafone are a fine network, provided you never need to ring "customer care" which is brutal. I have had 2 ports f****d up by their phone jockeys. I ended up having to have them resubmitted via a shop, luckily I am on good terms with the manager of the local shop. They told me to phone the old network to get the ports done as they had lost the port requests. It seems alot of their staff suffer from chronic CBA (Can't Be Arsed) syndrome.

Other than that they are ok and reliable with the best coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

i always think of vodafone as the phone company mainly geered towards business's and older people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

aliqueenb wrote: »
    i always think of vodafone as the phone company mainly geered towards business's and older people
    Have you seen their website lately? It clearly gives a different impression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

vodafone, i find them great, always nice to speak to an irish person at the end of a phone, no problems all all.. coverage and service excellent, and have a nice ( golden number)...

people are always asking me to sell it.. :rolleyes:

they are slow to give upgrades, but i never use a branded phone, i prefer to buy sim free and use all the phones features..

also with vodafone, u can put your sim in any phone you want no problems!
    much better than 3.

voda have good roaming prices too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Have you seen their website lately? It clearly gives a different impression.

lol no i haven't haha maybe i just have that impression cos both my mother and father are on vodafone lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I had porting problems with them too. Have found 3G coverage infuriatingly patchy in some parts of the city. Had to create a bit of a ruckus to get a billing problem sorted out as well.

Their customer service isn't *bad* but there are times when it seems just a bit feckless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i started off on vodafone but TBH i found them to be too expensive for both services and handsets so i shifted to three (im on prepay by the way) . and their selection of phones is crap, at least for my taste

did like the free webtexts on the website though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Never a Vodafone customer (well, the business line is but it diverts to my o2 number). Mother was but moved due to difficulties with there support when her phone ****ed up.

Iv always found them friendly in the shops or when you ring Customer Care. Efficent, Fast and Professional. Same with o2, but they never call back when promissed. Stores are pretty decent to.

However, I do feel they are the most expensive network and do not offer anything in return to customers. I have been with o2 years and they always give back which is why I remain a customer of theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kersti

I was with prepay until today. Moved there for the cheaper browsing rates from O2. Just moved back to O2 - they'll show me where I've spent my cash and let me use my free web texts to contact anyone in the world.

Advertisement