Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

realtime animation w/ motion sensors

Options
  • 27-02-2008 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hey ho,

Basically need assistance re. a real-time animation project I've had in the back of my head for a while.

i want to get some kind of motion sensors attached to about 5 points on a human dummy (hands, elbows and head.) which would somehow actively control movement of (for example) a CG matchstick mans corresponding body parts...

Anyone any idea how i'd go about this? what kind of equipment i'd need (and how expensive would it be) and could the CG end be done through flash or would i have to use some other app?

I don't have a clue what I'm doing or where to start but I'm a quick learner so if anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated.

Danny.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I do not know if this may be of much use but it is possible to track motions like this using a webcam or similar, there are many pieces of software out there which can track the movement of facial features to catch expressions. I don't quite think the end result would be up to the standard you may require but it could be worth a look anyway, by my understanding you are talking large sums of money for the real McCoy of motion tracking. Sorry I don't have any links on the subject but try google, makezine, instructables, hackaday etc to help find some info about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭dbrowne9212

I do not know if this may be of much use but it is possible to track motions like this using a webcam or similar, there are many pieces of software out there which can track the movement of facial features to catch expressions. I don't quite think the end result would be up to the standard you may require but it could be worth a look anyway, by my understanding you are talking large sums of money for the real McCoy of motion tracking. Sorry I don't have any links on the subject but try google, makezine, instructables, hackaday etc to help find some info about this.

thank you kindly:

http://www.nastypixel.com/prototype/project/flash-motion-tracking/

Advertisement