Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOL Catpicks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

I voted yes (no to the pics). It was a no-brainer for me. Off-topic posting is frowned upon in pretty much every forum here, why should feedback be any different? If anything, the rules should be even strciter regarding off-topic posting, considering that these threads bear a heightened importance, to the original poster at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

TelePaul wrote: »
    I voted no. It was a no-brainer for me. Off-topic posting is frowned upon in pretty much every forum here, why should feedback be any different? If anything, the rules should be even strciter regarding off-topic posting, considering that these threads bear a heightened importance, to the original poster at least.
    You realise you voted to keep the cats, right?

DeVore wrote: »
    If we could limit people to one post a day on feedback it would be great :)
    Think about it...

DeV.

Or, make Feedback a -1 postcount forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sherifu wrote: »
    If wonder if it was goofs like that that put Fianna Fail back into power..?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Go back to 4chan with your stupid memes.

Not a fan. Leik they r teh lose!

• Advertisement

If wonder if it was goofs like that that put Fianna Fail back into power..?
    :D
    *cough*Dustin*cough*, in fairness I heard he got as much as 80% of the vote. George W however...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It was a no-brainer for me.

Ob vee us lee.

georgecat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Their correctly known as Lolcats not 'funny cat pictures' or 'catpics' and clearly use of those phrases has already sowed confusion in this thread. How long before the fabric of space and time is unraveled before our very eyes? We must be more cautious!

gravlivtzcats.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Last time I checked posting off topic doesn't kill people. If it did then you may have a point.

No, but...
    kittenkillerrh2.jpg

True but I do have to admit, I do love that internet, serious business picture. It always cracks me up.
    Yeah but, which one?

internetseriousbusinesseo5.jpg
    internetseriousbusinessef5.jpg
    seriousinternetbusinesshh0.jpgseriousbusiness5nq6.jpgseriousbusiness6er4.gifseriouscatll6.jpg

Lolcats aren't off topic anyway as they usually only come out to make fun of the OP who has, more than likely, started a stupid and pointless thread.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

51823.jpg

spaceball.gif

• Advertisement

jor el wrote: »
    seriousinternetbusinesshh0.jpg
    I love these 2, always make me laugh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No, but...
    kittenkillerrh2.jpg

That's a problem for Christianity not feedback.

Yeah but, which one?

internetseriousbusinesseo5.jpg
    seriousinternetbusinesshh0.jpgseriousbusiness5nq6.jpgseriousbusiness6er4.gifseriouscatll6.jpg

Lolcats aren't off topic anyway as they usually only come out to make fun of the OP who has, more than likely, started a stupid and pointless thread.

They're all great.

For the love of god theres no need to requote them.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

In fairness, some threads deserve cats fom the second post. What would we use to mock the seriously afflicted without cats?

Someone is on dialup. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Someone is on dialup. :D

There has to be a lolcat "mokin ur intrnets speedz" out there somewhere, and it'll be huge I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Been a long day, fixed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

I've no problem with lolcats in the threads that deserve them, if people have problems with them there could be a rule put in place that they can't be used until Dev or some of the admins say bring on the cats.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I actually think the forum should be renamed to "Feedback/Lolcats" to obviate any confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Myth wrote: »
    Or, make Feedback a -1 postcount forum...

I actually think that's a very good idea! :D

I'd be tempted to say -5, in fact!

On lolcats, I cba saying the same thing I said in another thread a few minutes ago, so I'm going to be a lazy bastid and just quote ...
    Ban cat pics. Really, do.
    me wrote: »
    I would agree with you that this should be the rule for the Appeals Forum I suggested above, if that was the way the admins decided to go. For Feedback as it is, though, I would be more inclined to say "Use with a bit of common sense, ffs!"

But if you're not going to make a valid contribution - and a lolcat is NOT a valid contribution - then why bother posting at all?
    me wrote: »
    Actually, while it's an aside from the general discussion, I think a well-chosen lolcat can make a valid contribution, and make a point better in 3 seconds than what Terry would call one of my long rants :D ... IF well-chosen, used with common sense and at an appropriate time. It's the last bit that doesn't always happen ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I actually think that's a very good idea! biggrin.gif

i was thinking about that,and its sounds good,until you think maybe it would stop people helping in feedback as well as muppet posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I love the way they changed the caption on serious cat 'hes fukcing serious' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

nerin wrote: »
    i was thinking about that,and its sounds good,until you think maybe it would stop people helping in feedback as well as muppet posts?
    I don't think so, nerin, tbh. I really doubt that most of the posters who actually try to be helpful in Feedback even know what their postcounts are without checking, let alone care!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I can see dog fail pics being the next big thing.

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

Lolcats should not be banned, they rule!!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/128338718699843750mamheizto.jpg

And......

http://lolcats.com/view/9050/

And....

http://www.lolcats.com/view/152

Are my current faves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Ahhh, the red x kitty is a classic

I actually think that's a very good idea! :D

A thought. Its not going to stop people who don't truly give a ****e about their postcount (I'd say this includes most people) but would stop re-reg trollers from creating feedback trolling on their way out, assuming you can never reach -1, and assuming you cannot post in here with under 5 postcount.

The other side of that coin though is the troller can just as easilly spam 5 other forums so they can put 1 in here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »
    A thought. Its not going to stop people who don't truly give a ****e about their postcount (I'd say this includes most people) but would stop re-reg trollers from creating feedback trolling on their way out, assuming you can never reach -1, and assuming you cannot post in here with under 5 postcount.

The other side of that coin though is the troller can just as easilly spam 5 other forums so they can put 1 in here.

It wouldn't stop you from posting if you didn't have 5 posts. Your post count would either go into minus figures or stay on zero.

then how would it stop unnessecary posts?
    i like the idea,and how its being hammered out, but how/why would it be a deterrent

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The reasoning behind this is the fact that people tend to spam to up their postcount, hence stopping the postcount from rising every time you post will curb the spam enthusiasm.

I don't think that would make any difference on Feedback tbh, the people that enjoy spamming lolcats do it for fun, not post count. Like that snyper kid that posted completely off-topic cat pics and increased the noise part of the signal:noise ratio; he seemed to do it for attention. And thankfully he was banned from the forum.

• Advertisement

ah i see what was meant now Gordon, thanks.
    now im more behind this idea. :)
    i was thinking that the minus postcount would have a negative affect,but those really helping wouldnt give a toss about it then.
    i love learning new learnings.

Advertisement