Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOL Catpicks

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    eh,no.
    imo that post wasnt fair,(nor was there a point to it:confused:)
    why would i want to justify it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    No I'm not taking the piss. There are a good few people here who think there are problems with feedback.
    Yes, I've already said there's room for improvement. So have many others. More importantly than the whole lot of us put together, so has DeV.
    All I'm doing is making suggestions as to how it can potentially be improved.
    Fair enough. The more calmly and less aggressively you make them, the more likelihood they will actually be heard by those who matter.
    ... an Admin asked me directly for examples to support my case and didn't reply when I gave said examples.
    Yeah, sorta frustrating and rude when someone doesn't respond is'nt it? ;)
    Hold up for a second and think. Do you actually believe DeV has the time to sit on the intarweb all day just waiting for you to post examples so that he can look at them and respond to you instantly? You may have that kind of spare time; he certainly doesn't. I have no doubt that he will look at them when he gets a chance, and will respond if he feels there is something to respond to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

you are making my point.
    if you could see the post i made in the other thread were tallaght01 gave examples of feedback not working, i dont say that people never use cats for flaming. i said that people shouldnt use cat pics on a serious thread unless its a joke between posters while they are waiting etc

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm not sure about that, Ziggy. Look back at that post. "No-one is ever right! Except the man with the cat." Is the OP being attacked or ridiculed? Or is it a somewhat sarcastic comment (from a notoriously sarcastic poster) on the way Feedback can become unnecessarily adversarial, with people on both sides of the room shouting "no, I'm right, you're wrong!" at each other. Look around this forum over the last couple of days for many examples (did someone spray some new secret aggressive gas or something??!)

I'm not saying it's an especially helpful post, I'm not trying to justify it.

But I don't think it was aimed specifically at the OP, in my opinion it was a far more broadly based comment.
    Oh yes, it does happen on occasion, and it shouldn't if the lolcat is being used to ridicule a poster who is civilly trying to make a point about something. No disagreement there at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Yep, that is indeed an example. As randylonghorn pointed out it wasn't used to ridicule the OP, it was poking fun at how adversarial feedback has become. I would also add that it didn't derail the thread or adversly affect it. As Gordon pointed out above anyone is free to report posts they think are out of order. Of course it does happen, ask snyper. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

http://www.icanhascheezburger.com (dont look!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Hold up for a second and think. Do you actually believe DeV has the time to sit on the intarweb all day just waiting for you to post examples so that he can look at them and respond to you instantly? You may have that kind of spare time; he certainly doesn't. I have no doubt that he will look at them when he gets a chance, and will respond if he feels there is something to respond to.

I know the guy is busy ... I'm busy too with very limited spare time. And I'm not expecting an instant response (or any response for that matter) from DeV or anyone else. Its just annoying and showing double standards when others demand instant responses from me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Nice example of unjustified catpics Ziggy. If the pro-cat people are being honest they'll have to admit this kinda thing happens a lot. And even tho someone was banned recently, its tolerated a lot. How many cat pics did snyper post before being banned?
    nerin wrote: »
    if you could see the post i made in the other thread were tallaght01 gave examples of feedback not working, i dont say that people never use cats for flaming. i said that people shouldnt use cat pics on a serious thread unless its a joke between posters while they are waiting etc

That is interesting indeed. Confusing (and a little sad ...) but interesting.

:rolleyes:

Ziggy has just advanced the argument against lolcats by at least a few years there imho. He has demonstrated how to make a point and highlight the "defecits" in another posters arguments without a feline in sight.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

funny-pictures-cat-plays-invisible-chess.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

in_ur_reality.png

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

boredcat-isbored.jpg

Has the argument not been made? Does the poll not show that lolcats are here to stay?

Please just lock the thread, for the sake of BoredCat.

Advertisement