Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is it so empty in here?

• 27-02-2008 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Thought there would be a l lot more Red Dwarf fans on boards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

jtsuited wrote: »
    Thought there would be a l lot more Red Dwarf fans on boards.

All conversation has been exhausted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

cotwold wrote: »
    All conversation has been exhausted?

pity that. can i start a new one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

jtsuited wrote: »
    pity that. can i start a new one?

please do.

ok. let me think.

oh yeah.

were the red dwarf books written after the TV series? Really loved the books and am curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

There's the odd thread like this every so often. There's very little to talk about really. No new episodes make it hard for the board to stay active. Should get an episode of the week thing going and discuss a different one each time. Or start from the start and do one a week. That would be good. Either way...

The books are excellent. Always prefered them to the TV series, though I was a fan of the series first. Infinity was published in '89 it seems. Would have thought later myself. Suppose it makes sense though. I'm currently re-reading some of the Hitchhikers Guide books and can't help but think that the Red Dwarf books are way better, even though the idea is essentially a carbon copy. Not that that has any relevence, other than the fact that I was thinking it earlier today.

• Advertisement

Ro: maaan! wrote: »
    I'm currently re-reading some of the Hitchhikers Guide books and can't help but think that the Red Dwarf books are way better, even though the idea is essentially a carbon copy. Not that that has any relevence, other than the fact that I was thinking it earlier today.

actually the same thing sort of happened me. i read the red dwarf books and then got hitchikers guide..., and was really dissappointed. You don't really hear much about the books probably because it's dwarfed by the TV series but they really are fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

Its a pity because there hasnt been a Red Dwarf series now in about 8 years so bar some sort of miracle I dont think we're going to see another one. The producers seem too obsessed with a movie, which is never, ever going to happen

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

1408 wrote: »
    Its a pity because there hasnt been a Red Dwarf series now in about 8 years so bar some sort of miracle I dont think we're going to see another one. The producers seem too obsessed with a movie, which is never, ever going to happen

I don't know, in the light of the hitchhikers film you'd think it would be an easy sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

SDooM wrote: »
    I don't know, in the light of the hitchhikers film you'd think it would be an easy sell.

I posted two new pieces of news I think you might wanna check out. First bit of news in a good long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Lee Snowflake

RED DWARF RULES!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement