Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda car part, strange one.

Options
  • 27-02-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Ok here comes a question from my brother so forgive my ignorance if I get this wrong

"He is looking for a hydraulic lifter tappet for a japenese Honda Civic. The part is located under the rocker shaft.

The engine is a B16A."

The above means nothing to me but you guys might know what he's on about

He ordered the part through our local Honda dealer giving him all the info required and even pointed out the part on an engine diagram yet he still ordered the wrong part from Japan which we had to pay for even though he made the mistake (this has happened twice with 2 different parts) We are reluctant to order the part again with him as a result

Was wondering could you guys guide me to a competent Honda garage who may get this in no problem or an independant place which is reliable, Irish or UK owners club or anything really. Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Try the tuning factory 01- 429 8989,They'l have no problem getting the correct part if they dont have it instock

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Thanks for that :D

Anyone else got any sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Just a suggestion - what about a breakers yard?

The B16A has been knocking around nearly 15 years there's bound to be plenty of Jap Import write-off's in the yard?

Advertisement