Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Footy rumours you've heard

• 27-02-2008 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

sorry if this has been done before. i got this email yesterday and thought
    this topic would make for an interesting thread topic
    "Sol Campbell decided to stay in England by moving to Arsenal because his boyfriend Roberto Di Matteo of Chelsea lived in London.

When Les Ferdinand was a young boy, he trashed the Blue Peter garden.

Soon after Mark Bosnich joined Manchester United he was reported to have been filming a sex session involving him, Dwight Yorke and a couple of girls. Ferguson was a bit miffed when he found out and dropped both players from the team.

Failing to make the England Euro 2000 squad, Keiron Dyer, Rio Ferdinand and Jody ("if there's any trouble I'm there") Morris visited Ayia Napa, Cyprus for their summer holiday and spent a week birding. Having pulled one night, the boys returned to their hotel room and Keiron Dyer filmed the sex romp, obviously following in the footsteps of Bosnich. When they returned, Keiron Dyer was ticked off by his manager Bobby Robson who was not happy with his reported antics and told him to grow up. Rio became the most expensive footballer in Britain and Jody, yes what happened to Jody?

Lee Sharpe leaving Man Utd after being exposed in the papers sharing a bed with two women whilst taking cocaine

Don Hutchison leaving Liverpool after appearing nude in the papers with only a beer mat covering his manhood

Nicky Barmby leaving Tottenham because a fellow player was shagging his wife. Then the poor sod had to leave Middlesbrough because Viv Anderson was doing the same. We're unsure as to why he left Everton. Walter?

Eric Cantona leaving Leeds because Lee Chapman demanded manager Howard Wilkinson take action as Eric was sniffing around Leslie Ash, Chapman's wife. Wrong decision Howard!

Hence the terrace song "He's French, he's flash, he's shagging Leslie Ash. Cantona, Cantona"

Whilst playing for West Ham, Ian Bishop and Trevor Morley were reported to have been found in bed together. Gay or not, Ian Bishop got off lightly. He left West Ham for Man City. Trevor Morley was stabbed by his wife when she found out.

Andy Cole left Arsenal after being caught pickpocketing from other player's clothes in the dressing room.

In the 1994 FA Cup Final, United had been awarded a penalty. As Eric Cantona shaped up to take it, cheeky chappie Dennis Wise of Chelsea bet him £500 that he would miss. Eric remained calm, scored and Wisey sent the money round to the United dressing room after the game. (His Mum didn't tell you that on the Premiership, did she?)"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Best rumour I've ever heard was one that I heard recently. It was that Kevin Keegan was going to save Newcastle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Cantona thing is true isnt it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Best rumour I've ever heard was one that I heard recently. It was that Kevin Keegan was going to save Newcastle!

QFT

The best one i heard was Newcastle are a big team :D

Also Henchoz had to leave Liverpool as hyypia was sleeping with his wife.

The Ashley Cole, Jermain Defoe gay sex tape.

Sol Campbell leaving arsenal after a bust up with his boyfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Anything spplattered on the back page of the Sun.

"Ronaldo.... Real Madrid... 100MILLION!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

sol campbell and jenas gay sex romours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

T
    The Ashley Cole, Jermain Defoe gay sex tape.

Didn't Ashley Cole threaten to sue the Sun over this? I wonder if it's been dropped? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Galvasean wrote: »
    Anything spplattered on the back page of the Sun.

hey the sun is a well respected, more often than not truthful newspaper, with a social background, corporate social responsibility and a heart! one newspaper that does steer clear from sensationalist bullsh!t, and should be recognised as such!

There was a rumour about Beckham which caused a sh*tstorm a few years ago but I cant remember what it was. But hey the Rebecca Loos "rumour" made up for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Roy keane loves his country;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked the one about the FAI being determined to implement the recommendations of the Genesis report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

hey the sun is a well respected, more often than not truthful newspaper, with a social background, corporate social responsibility and a heart! one newspaper that does steer clear from sensationalist bullsh!t, and should be recognised as such!
    Sarcasm tags please.
    I liked the one about the FAI being determined to implement the recommendations of the Genesis report.

The bastards.

My favourite is the one that goes something like "John Delaney has the best interests of Irish football at heart, and isn't a self serving, sniveling little scrote."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Who was the ex Villa keeper who videod himmself being rogered by his girlfriend wearing a strap on. He then dumped her and she gave the video to a newspaper?

He left Engalnd after that for some reason :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

why that would be stefan postma :D

Mad_Max wrote: »
    why that would be stefan postma :D

aahh yes, so it was.

Although I suppose this is not strictly speaking a rumour :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

The best rumour ever is the one that beens hanging round for at least eight years now.... that this season is Alex Ferguson's last.

I also met a taxi driver in Derry show showed me a set of false teeth that he took from his glove compartment that "belonged to Peter Beardsley". He had appartently passed out in the back and forgot about his teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

deman wrote: »

I also met a taxi driver in Derry show showed me a set of false teeth that he took from his glove compartment that "belonged to Peter Beardsley". He had appartently passed out in the back and forgot about his teeth.

God damn lying Taxi drivers! Beardsley is a teetotaller...but then again who's to say he couldn't have passed out for a non-alcohol related reason :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

redzerdrog wrote: »
    sol campbell and jenas gay sex romours

And the Sol Campbell/Stefan Freund rumours form the Spurs days. Apparently they were more than just good 'freunds'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ba-Dum, Tish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

aahh yes, so it was.

Although I suppose this is not strictly speaking a rumour :D

Nope not at all there is some definitive video footage :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Xavi6 wrote: »
    And the Sol Campbell/Stefan Freund rumours form the Spurs days. Apparently they were more than just good 'freunds'.
    He shoots, he scores. Oh its a good un!

I did like the rumour the tabloids were putting out about Freddie Lundberg. They had photos of him in Hampstead having a coffee and a good laugh with a well groomed younger guy, they were convinced it was his boyfriend as they seemed very close.

Until it was pointed out that it was actually his brother in London for the weekend :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Didn't Ashley Cole threaten to sue the Sun over this? I wonder if it's been dropped? :rolleyes:

He did sue, and won.

But it does bring us nicely onto the other Ashley rumour of him using a mobile phone as an anal sex toy on himself.

He claims these rumours were phoney and that he was otherwise engaged at the time of the alleged incident but methinks the lady doth protest too much. Would want to watch out for prostate cancer with that carry-on..

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He did sue, and won.

But it does bring us nicely onto the other Ashley rumour of him using a mobile phone as an anal sex toy on himself.

He claims these rumours were phoney and that he was otherwise engaged at the time of the alleged incident but methinks the lady doth protest too much. Would want to watch out for prostate cancer with that carry-on..

Ah here, puns like that are uncalled for. They send out all the wrong signals. I'm sure the rumours were taken out of context anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i almost forgot the rumour that john o shea was a footballer:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Stekelly wrote: »
    Ba-Dum, Tish.

Nice... I've always wanted a decent way to type that.... consider it stolen

But hey... I'll give you a round of applause by way of restitution ..... clap clap clap clap (dammit... that one needs some work also...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

People who made up these rumours watched too much Dream Team tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ah here, puns like that are uncalled for. They send out all the wrong signals. I'm sure the rumours were taken out of context anyway.

-infinity

Oh remember those rumours around Gary Breen and Ian Harte? The whole 'going to Inter/Barcelona' thing? That was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

He did sue, and won.

Really? I thought they were both connected.

Anyway, it's his call.

Really? I thought they were both connected.

Anyway, it's his call.

Thats true, maybe he's got no sexual hang-ups about these things, though he would want to be careful about how much coverage these issues get as it could be his career on the line, if the bigger networks started focusing on them. But at the end of the day, as long as he's a good service provider creating goalscoring chances, he should be (n)ok(ia)

..that last one was a bit of a stretch

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Beckham was supposed to have gotten a last minute injunction preventing a story going out about him and micheal owen's sister just before he left united.

Beckham was supposed to have gotten a last minute injunction preventing a story going out about him and micheal owen's sister just before he left united.

Michael Owen's sister that married our very own Richie Partridge?

that Bastard..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Stekelly wrote: »
    Ba-Dum, Tish.

in the context of that story shouldn't it be Ba-Bum, Tish

il get me coat.....

They might have been, maybe some day he'll cell his story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

one of my mates played for Athlone Town and a couple of years ago i put up a rumour on some dodgy football rumour site that Spurs were looking to buy him for £2m.

Next week his mum got a call from The Mirror asking to confirm the story, she said she knew nothing of itm but they ran the story the next week anyway!!

in fact there is two ocurances of the rumour:
    http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:7cnd4xJRjZ0J:www.soccerpulse.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t22892.html+%22will+egan%22+spurs+athlone+town&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=ie&client=firefox-a

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:66ygB6RBJOEJ:p45.net/boards/archive/index.php/t-66942.html+%22will+egan%22+the+mirror+-bebo&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=11&gl=ie&client=firefox-a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Haha, class! If ever there was a reason not to believe what's written in tabloids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Call_me_al wrote: »
    one of my mates played for Athlone Town and a couple of years ago i put up a rumour on some dodgy football rumour site that Spurs were looking to buy him for £2m.

Next week his mum got a call from The Mirror asking to confirm the story, she said she knew nothing of itm but they ran the story the next week anyway!!

in fact there is two ocurances of the rumour:
    http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:7cnd4xJRjZ0J:www.soccerpulse.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t22892.html+%22will+egan%22+spurs+athlone+town&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=ie&client=firefox-a

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:66ygB6RBJOEJ:p45.net/boards/archive/index.php/t-66942.html+%22will+egan%22+the+mirror+-bebo&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=11&gl=ie&client=firefox-a

Bravo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

ROFL, I can't even remember a will egan playing for athlone, never mind being our record scorer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

He did sue, and won.

That's not proven (the mobile phone given cancer thing that is).

Anyway the Will Egan thing gives me an idea, why don't we start a rumour and see if we can get it published in a rag. Any ideas anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

There was a rumour about Beckham which caused a sh*tstorm a few years ago but I cant remember what it was. But hey the Rebecca Loos "rumour" made up for that!

And didnt that whole thing start a rumour she could prove what she was saying was true due to some physical "trait" only those who had seen him in his birthday suit would know?

My money is on a 3rd ball.

Or a peculiarly coloured mickey.

Or a chronic case of Father Fluffy Bottom.

There has been a rumour about John O`Shea and someone who was briefly famous going round for years that wont be repeated by me here for libel reasons. Its fairly common though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

shane86 wrote: »
    And didnt that whole thing start a rumour she could prove what she was saying was true due to some physical "trait" only those who had seen him in his birthday suit would know?

My money is on a 3rd ball.

Or a peculiarly coloured mickey.

Or a chronic case of Father Fluffy Bottom.

Think it was a mole on his manhood that caught him out. Don't ask me why I remember that!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

patmac wrote: »
    That's not proven (the mobile phone given cancer thing that is).

Anyway the Will Egan thing gives me an idea, why don't we start a rumour and see if we can get it published in a rag. Any ideas anyone?

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH THAT REMINDS ME!

Surely the best showing from a paper EVER:

Didier Baptiste on the verge of signing for Liverpool!

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_19991124/ai_n14269362

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Tauren wrote: »
    OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH THAT REMINDS ME!

Surely the best showing from a paper EVER:

Didier Baptiste on the verge of signing for Liverpool!

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_19991124/ai_n14269362

ah good aul dream team causing liverpool to come out and actually issue a press statement denying the rumour!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I heard (from a Man City fan btw) that Steve Coppell was run out of there after just 33days as manager in 1996 because they found out he is gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

When Paul McGrath was at the end of his footballing term, he left Derby i think and the rumor was that he was joining Athlone town for the season...

Pigman II wrote: »
    I heard (from a Man City fan btw) that Steve Coppell was run out of there after just 33days as manager in 1996 because they found out he is gay.

Ha ha I've never heard that one. Brilliant

Advertisement