Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Email change request

Options
  • 27-02-2008 4:50pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I posted this a few weeks back but the thread seems to have disappeared!

Anyhow, is their any chance that I can change my existing email address. The email address I want to use in already in use on old account I setup many moons ago and no longer use....

I tried changing it in my CP but no joy

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What's the name of the old account?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

seamus wrote: »
    What's the name of the old account?
    Gis a Job was my old account

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Now we can wait for an admin to come along or you can bodge this yourself:

1. Get an old email account or sign up for a dud one from www.gmail.com
    2. Log in as "Gis a job!". If you don't remember the password, click on the "Forgot Password" link to have it reset.
    3. Change the email address on the account to the one you had in step 1.
    4. A confirmation link will be sent to your existing email address. Click it.
    5. The email address on the "Gis a job!" account has now been changed, you can change the email address on your current account to your current email address.

Although Cult is around. If you want an admin to do it, they may ask you to confirm the address on the Gis a job! account.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

All sorted

Thank you seamus

Advertisement