Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 2274NWG Modem

Options
  • 27-02-2008 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Right I bought the modem got it delivered today and started following the instructions in the booklet but when i opened up ie and typed in the code to connect the internet it didnt work

Now i checked network connections and LAN was missing the whole thing was empty which i thought was odd.

So i used the cd this time followed instructs then it said "Redirecting"

Did that for 10-15 minutes and then said "Error"

Any ideas that could help?

Im with Eircom, (they werent overly helpful on the phone i must admit)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,003 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If the LAN setting was missing, then you don't have any Network adapter correctly installed, which really has very little to do with eircom.

Are you using Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DubGuy

If the LAN setting was missing, then you don't have any Network adapter correctly installed, which really has very little to do with eircom.

Are you using Wi-Fi or Ethernet?
    Ethernet

The thing is because the new one wasnt working i plugged back in my old modem Netopia 3341 and its working fine thats the thing i dont understand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,003 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

DubGuy wrote: »
    Ethernet

The thing is because the new one wasnt working i plugged back in my old modem Netopia 3341 and its working fine thats the thing i dont understand

If you have the cable plugged in to nothing, does the LAN connection disappear? It shouldn't.

Have you tried all four ethernet ports on the new modem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DubGuy

If you have the cable plugged in to nothing, does the LAN connection disappear? It shouldn't.

Have you tried all four ethernet ports on the new modem?

If i have it plugged into nothign the LAN connection disappears

I tried all four ethernet ports to no avail

Advertisement