Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Comparative

Options
  • 27-02-2008 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

In the comparative section paper 2 I don't have a clue how answering styles should vary depending on whether the question is based on Themes and Issues, Literary Genre and Cultural Context.

Anyone got any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

what texts are u studying for the comparative

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ian.f

Truman show
    Importance of Being Earnest
    Reading in the Dark

I dont study either of these in my course but i was told to use key words in the essay such as : Similar to ... & In comparison ... to link each of these texts because when an examiner sees these they will give u marks
    NO MARKS FOR SUMMERISING THE TEXTS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ian.f

yeah, i have no problems answering questions normally I just don't know the difference between different headings

I really gotta hope Donne comes up on my mock cause he's all I got done and it would be pointless cramming anyone else in now because it would be half assed learning that I'd forget in a week

It its the same paper i got.... u are in 4 a bad suprise

• Advertisement
Advertisement