Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Cycling Event

Options
  • 27-02-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,

I thought some of you might be interesting in a 70K charity cycle in May for the Women's Aid National Freephone Helpline (1800 341 900).

For further information and sponsorship cards, contact Ger Ennis (01) 8684721 or email ger.ennis@womensaid.ie
    The poster is attached.

Belfast Belle:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

whats the route, i cant download that file

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Dublin to Arklow,may 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 40 belfastbelle

Sorry guys,

the details are:

Dublin to Arklow
    Saturday 17th May 2008

Cycle starts at Belfield Bridge and goes through Bray, Greystones, Kilcoole, Newcastle (lunch stop) Rathnew, Wicklow, Brittas Bay and finally Arklow.

After the cycle we stay at the Arklow Bay Hotel which has great leisure facilities. There is a dinner, entertainment, and lots of craic. A bus brings us back on the Sunday morning and a van brings back our bikes.

The sponsorship is €450.

Contact Ger.ennis@womensaid.ie or on 01-8684721.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Thanks Belfast Belle

I did this last year and really enjoyed it. Was happy enough with my time although I got a puncture on route. The organisation was excellent. They had guys on motorbikes going up and down helping out, replacing punctured tubes and doing any marshalling needed. I made a quick call and was back on the road in 15 minutes! The night in the Arklow Bay is a nice bonus and good craic. It was great to go straight into the health centre and relax after the cycle. This will be my second year doing it but looking forward to it again.

T runner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Why take a bus when you could cycle back?!

• Advertisement

:) Certainly some people do cycle back but most are happy for the lift after the day (and night) before.

I did it myself last year for the first time and I thought I would be aching a little more than I was after 70k. It was the longest distance I've ever cycled. I think the swim in the pool straight after helped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Couple of us thinking of doing this so some questions: Where do you pack your overnight bag and what time does the bus leave for Dublin the following day?

That's great Bray Blue 24 that you are thinking about doing it. The overnight bags are taken from you at Belfield bridge and put into a van which then transports them to the Arklow Bay Hotel. They are waiting for us when we arrive. The bus back the next morning leaves at around midday.

Give Ger a call in the morning on 01-8684721 and she'll fill you in on the rest.

Belfast Belle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

heard this on the radio, really interested in doin it

Thanks for the info

Hi Guys,

I have attached some more information on the cycle, including a special rate card, fundraising tips and booking form.

The route map can also be found here:

Hope you can do it - it should be really good!

Belfast Belle.

• Advertisement

Just posting to bump this up again in case others might not have seen it the first time.

:)

Belfast Belle

Hi, the cycle is still open for people wanting to participate.

There are team rates and other special deals available.

The contact details have changed, contact Stefania on 01-8684721 if you'd like to participate.

I have attached the details and a map to this post. The full route can also be found on google maps - here.

Thanks a million

Belfast Belle

Advertisement