Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bushnell Scopes

• 27-02-2008 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Am thinking of replacing the simmons scope on my .22, it's unusable once the light starts to fade. So I'm looking at a Bushnell 3-9x40 banner or trophy, the banner works out about £74gbp and the trophy at £150gbp. Does anyone know if these will perform better and is the trophy worth the extra? I use a 56mm bell on my stalking rifle and that's very clear at twilight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

not trying to be smart but if someone asks me about scopes ill always
    advise them to buy the best scope that they cant afford cos the scope
    is more important than the rifle-rifles nowadays shoot good -put good glass and mounts on them and the shooter becomes the weak link as long
    as their ammo is good-in the future you can change your rifle and keep your scope.I invested in a nightforce and a swarovski a few years back
    and was sorry i hadnt did it years before-thats my tuppence worth.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

not trying to be smart but if someone asks me about scopes ill always
    advise them to buy the best scope that they cant afford cos the scope
    is more important than the rifle-rifles nowadays shoot good -put good glass and mounts on them and the shooter becomes the weak link as long
    as their ammo is good-in the future you can change your rifle and keep your scope.I invested in a nightforce and a swarovski a few years back
    and was sorry i hadnt did it years before-thats my tuppence worth.;)

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

thanks, I do follow this rule with my fullbores, but on a .22?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

thanks, I do follow this rule with my fullbores, but on a .22?

see your point..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

I have a Bushnell 3-9x32 on my .22 and I have to say it performs well. The extra 8mm of glass on a forty would likely be even better. Can't fault Bushnell for the money, paid E80 for mine in Germany, fantastic little scope for rimfires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

when I had the cz 452 american in 22lr had a bushnell on it and it was a great scope crystal clear

Advertisement