Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egypt question

• 27-02-2008 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

I'm off to Sharm in April, I was planning on taking a 5mm wetsuit without a helmet. will this be ok, too warm, too cold? I only plan on doing 6 or 8 dives over two weeks, as that is probably all I will get a visa for :rolleyes: so is it worth not taking any gear and hiring out there?

Advice greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Helmet??? I assume you mean Hood?

I would advise you take your suit AND hood. It can be a bit windy over there in April, and it's nice to start a dive with the hood around your neck; then as you get cold, pull it up over your head and notice the difference.

A 5mm full suit will be adequate.

IMO you should take reg and computer as well. Rental equipment can be mighty unreliable.

Enjoy Ras Mo and the stiff current around Shark Reef!

Seadeuce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 CorvetteTom

Hi
    Yep a 5mm will be fine - I wore a 3mm in october but really will depend on the type of diving u are after

In relation to bringing your gear over - If possible I would allways advise it as it can be better serviced than some centres etc... and i generally dont like to use other peoples suits as they can be wet from the inside out if u know what i mean!! :eek:

Have a look at http://www.mydivelocker.com Ive several pics uploaded from my visit and theres some information in relation to sites etc...

Hope u enjoy

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Thanks guys, I'll take the whole wetsuit, complete with, er, hood:o

I'm not sure what sort of diving we will be doing, it's a family holiday so I will do whatever I can get form the hotel dive centre. I can't wait though, I have wanted to dive the red Sea for ages. I went on a holiday to Eilat and the snorkelling there was amazing, whenI came home I signed up to the first padi course I could, so this is kind of where it al began for me.

Cheers for the advice.

Advertisement